What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Depth Now Completed.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
John Carlaw, Nathan Long, Lincoln Withers, Tony Jensen.
These guys are the guys we filled in to have an impact ASAP for Depth, for Experience in some cases, and for Firepower in other areas, to complimtent the type of game coach Brown wants. It is the best recruitment I have seen at the dragons in a long while in terms of buying what you need to compete right across the park.

IN Carlaw we have a Very good Defender with some pace, and knowledge , and someone who links well with players inside and out. He is experienced, and wont be fazed in First Grade.

In long, we have a Hard nut, who will come back and do it again, Make hard yards, and is fearless in defence. An Experienced Prop/Backrower who we needed in our squad.

Withers, a Halfback come hooker, who can backup as a utility at Half / 5/8 amd Lock. Great buy, a smart player with a big defensive game.

Jensen is the unsung hero of the buying. Apparently a 100% committed footballer who treats his body like a temple. He is a great buy, and will be hard to hold out from first grade.

Add to this, the Experience players like, Young, Sims, Creagh received, and Backups like Frew and youngquet who have seen first Grade.

Hornby - Reece - Carlaw
Blacklock - Creagh - Frew - Olzard
Cooper - Carlaw - Timmins - Howell
Gasnier - Carlaw - Creagh - Roberts
Simmonds - Carlaw - Wes - Youngquest
Barrett - Greenshields - Withers - Russell
Firman - Head - Withers
Timmins - Jensen - M Howell
Thommo - Kite - Norrie - Katu
Riddell - Long - Sims - Poore
Bailey - SIms - Palu
Withers - Ridell - Young - Gorrell
Ryles - Poore - White - Tanga Ta toa

We also bought well in up and comers in C Payne .. So the recruitment was meticulous.

Well Done Brown, last year, he was unable to get anyone, as he got the job too late.

odavis(qld, australia)
tahu(nsw, australia)
gidley(nsw, australia)
richardson(australia)
quinn
kidley
johns(nsw australia)
perry(country, nsw)
buderus(nsw, australia)
woolnough
simpson(nsw, australia)
kennedy(nsw, australia)
abraham(country)

Need i say more.. Knights all the way!

Kaz

junior
Stgillaman said:
ooops. Please move this thread to Stgeorge Section.

#-o

I thought TTC seeing as there is no boring as hell section. :lol: ;-)

Chicken_Hunter said:
odavis(qld, australia)
tahu(nsw, australia)
gidley(nsw, australia)
richardson(australia)
quinn
kidley
johns(nsw australia)
perry(country, nsw)
buderus(nsw, australia)
woolnough
simpson(nsw, australia)
kennedy(nsw, australia)
abraham(country)

Need i say more.. Knights all the way!

LOL come on now CH, theres a certain no.7 that has a lot of political power within rep circles. We have f**k all rep players, but we'd kick anyones ass.

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't think what they've acheived in the past (Richardson for example) helps the Knights look like a better team.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Carlaw at fullback isn't really a bad option I think, after all he will provide you guys with saftey back there just lacks speed thats all.

I think he is very underated player IMO!

Macca

Coach
Stgillaman said:
ooops. Please move this thread to Stgeorge Section.

#-o

. . . . and please do it quickly. We innocent bystanders shouldn't have to read this rubbish.

Anonymous

Juniors
LOL. Glad someone found the flash light and guided it home.

Mighty Tiger said:
Carlaw at fullback isn't really a bad option I think, after all he will provide you guys with saftey back there just lacks speed thats all.

I think he is very underated player IMO!
You may not read my reply now MT but IMO, Ben Hornby is the best fullback in the club and one of the most underated players in the game.
He's very solid up the back.