What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo Mafia: Sign-ups and Pre-game shenanigans

Frederick

Staff member
creepy-callista-gingrich-meme-generator-ahhhh-fresh-meat-9b7e15.jpg

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yes, this one (more to come in a moment). Didn't want to clutter the OP.

OK, before the game can get started, I need each of you to make two choices.

Choice #1: You need to select a character class from one of the following. This will be your public identity.

1. Amazon (female) - a fearsome feminine force who uses bows and javelins to deal death from afar and who can summon an ancestral warrior from beyond the grave to fight for her and protect her from harm.

2. Assassin (female) - a deadly martial artist and layer of deadly traps who can summon a magical shadow of herself to double the death and halve the pain.

3. Barbarian (male) - a brave and incredibly strong warrior who likes nothing more to get right up in his enemy's face and hit as hard as possible with a big, beefy weapon.

4. Druid (male) - a lover of nature with the ability to summon bears and wolves or to control the elements, or even to become a bear or wolf himself.

5. Necromancer (male) - a reclusive master of the dark arts who can poison his enemies or summon bones from the grave to use as projectiles or to create skeletal warriors.

6. Paladin (male) - a holy warrior who can tap the force of his fanatical devotion to the religion of Zakarum to surround himself with an aura to either protect his allies or hurt his enemies, and to lay waste up close and personal or even deal death from the heavens from afar.

7. Sorceress (female) - a mysterious and powerful but fragile mistress of the magic arts who can conjure fire, lightning, or ice to lay waste to all around her and instantly teleport to avoid return fire.

Each class has a unique set of skills they can use both offensively and defensively. You may make your choice now if the above descriptions are enough for you (or you are familiar with Diablo II), or you can wait until I put up a more detailed description of the skills available (no, it won't be the full 210 skill monte, or anything close to that number).

Choice #2: You need to decide whether you want to be good or evil, whether your character is who you truly are, or merely an avatar behind which your true diabolical self hides.

You may make choice #1 publicly by posting a list of at least 3 of the 7 classes in the order you would prefer to play them, or you may do so privately via PM. I would gently encourage you to make choice #2 privately via PM. ;-)

Neither choice will be first come, first served. Character classes will be assigned so that everyone gets the highest preference possible, with a requirement that the numbers for each class at the start are as even as possible. If need be, I will toss a coin. Those of an evil persuasion will be chosen randomly from those who nominate (if there are more than required), or from those who don't (to make up the numbers if there are less than required).

For further reading, here is a thread I posted in the Mafia section with some background information on the Diablo universe and the games based therein.

Last edited: