What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did mini outplay lockyer

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think Minni outplayed Lockyer because lockyer had nowhere to go.... His forwards were not performing, so he couldn't put in his skills. I doubt that Lockyer will lose his postion in the Aussie side, but I would like to see Minni on the Wing for Australia.

salivor

First Grade
The difference between the two is that Minichiello has been playing in a side thats been performing miles better and has had Ikin kicking it down his throat. NSW kicking game has been alot better. Also Lockyer was injured last night but hes still managed to look very good in 2 losing sides, one carrying an injury.
Minichiello is a winger moulded into a fullback while Lockyer is a five eighth moulded into a fullback and it really shows in their two different styles. One is the second best player in the world the other would be lucky to be in the top 15.

Kiwi

First Grade
If Lockyer was in a sky blue jersey on wednesday night and Mini a maroon one, queensland would have been flogged by 60.

millersnose

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
If Lockyer was in a sky blue jersey on wednesday night and Mini a maroon one, queensland would have been flogged by 60.

maybe so but i remember lockyer getting steam rolled on a number of occasions while minis defence was quite solid

i believe lockyer is a better player also - i was just commenting on if an outsider with no history was watching the SOO series i think he would conclude mini has had the best of the play

salivor

First Grade
Millersnone it was pretty obvious that Lockyers ankle injury was holding him back, he was barely 50% fit. Fully fit I'd rate him as the best defensive fullback in the game.

Kiwi

First Grade
millersnose said:
Kiwi said:

maybe so but i remember lockyer getting steam rolled on a number of occasions while minis defence was quite solid

i believe lockyer is a better player also - i was just commenting on if an outsider with no history was watching the SOO series i think he would conclude mini has had the best of the play

How do you think Mini would have gone trying to tackle Bailey? Or any fullback?

Yes somebody with no knowledge of the game might see it that way, but not somebody who actually know what they are talking about.

millersnose

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
millersnose said:
Kiwi said:

How do you think Mini would have gone trying to tackle Bailey? Or any fullback?

Yes somebody with no knowledge of the game might see it that way, but not somebody who actually know what they are talking about.

perhaps mini would of went low - i hear that sometimes works

millersnose

Post Whore
salivor said:
Did you see Lockyer bring down Mason a few weeks ago?

as i have said i have seen lockyer do many great things and will be, rightfully so, one of the 1st players picked for australia

i was commenting more on minis form in the SOO in which he has outplayed lockyer

salivor

First Grade
Any fullback would look good behind that NSW pack and with playmakers like Johns, Buderus and Wing around him.

~bedsy~

First Grade
salivor said:
Buderus and Wing
I was surprised to see how well Wing and Buderus work togther. They really played well with each other which is great to see.

Latest posts