What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the Broncos win the war?

Did the Broncos win the War?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

butchmcdick

Immortal
So wtf was up with so many short drop outs from Brisbane ?

One led to the panthers first try and another gifted them two points. I heard JoEy continually calling for the short drop out during the call and I don’t get it. Punt the f**king thing as far away from your try line as you can ffs.

yobbo84

First Grade
Genuine question.

Has Reynolds ever played a great game in a high stakes match?

2014 GF I remember him being decent but has he ever absolutely stamped his authority on the opposition?
2018 Semi Final vs the Dragons, kicked 3 field goals to win it for us is probably his best semi

He was huge in the 2014 prelim and very good in the GF too

His legacy is definitely with Souths

Reynolds has to be one of the most overrated playmakers of all time. Couldn't do shit in Origin, constantly chokes in big games and he's got Greg's ring (IYKYK).

He also has a tattoo of Post Malone on his thigh. How ironic considering he's a flash in the pan like Reyno too.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Roads ? Where we're going, we don't need roads ...

Apey

Staff member

One led to the panthers first try and another gifted them two points. I heard JoEy continually calling for the short drop out during the call and I don’t get it. Punt the f**king thing as far away from your try line as you can ffs.
Well given Joey predicted Panthers by 2, you can only guess he was playing the long game to try and make himself look like a genius...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I'd love to see the stats on short drop outs. I can't remember f**k all that work out well. They're only good if you're miles behind or in front. If you're down by 6/12/18, they're diabolical. As you say, hoof the f**king thing and then back your defense. Short drop outs are not easy to execute.

Mind you, if whoever the spaz was who batted it back for the first try had actually caught the thing, as he was very able to do, it wouldn't have been an issue. It was actually a perfect drop kick.

The Realist

Juniors
Short drop outs/kick offs are a noted weakness of the Panthers. They don't have a good record at recovering them at all. As a Panthers fan it is something that frustrates the hell out of me. It is something I would have definitely targeted if I were part of the Brisbane coaching staff.

The tactic was 100% on the money. The execution was poor.

Munky

Coach
Short drop outs/kick offs are a noted weakness of the Panthers. They don't have a good record at recovering them at all. As a Panthers fan it is something that frustrates the hell out of me. It is something I would have definitely targeted if I were part of the Brisbane coaching staff.

The tactic was 100% on the money. The execution was poor.

Penrith are horrible at defending short restarts.

Got away with it in the 79th minute too.

Latest posts