What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointing Signings

Saint Dave

Juniors
With all the conjecture about signings and departures at the moment, it got me thinking. Every year the club signs players and other players leave. With each signing there is a degree of hope or expectation as to what that player can provide for the mighty dragons. Just wondering who we have signed that you held so much hope for but they didn't deliver.

There would be a lot over the years but the one that sticks out the most to me is Steve Rogers. What a great player he was. There was so much fanfare regarding his signing the excitement was palatable. I remember his photo in a dragons jumper on the front cover of the Rugby League Week. For one reason or another he just did not deliver to the degree of expectation.

Honorable mention to Luke Branigan and Damien Chapman.

Interested to see forum members thoughts.

hazzbeen

Bench
Dave for me I really thought Sam Williams was going to be a long time half back for us when we signed him , but did not eventuate ......

KiamaSaint

Coach
I wasn't alive at the time but for for those that were, would Jack Gibson fall into this list? I know I was surprised when I found out he was our coach in the past.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
This thread had been around a few times before, shows we are losing interest in the season as reality starts to set in
Anyway
Craig Young, Price and Mc Gregor as coaches.
Any amount of halves and five eights including Blake, Branson, Peters, Williams to name but a few that were supposed big ticket signings that didn't fire not forgetting how we got sludge who was once the leading centre in the game and we tried to make him a 5/8 or lock.
Yep we have certainly been expert in signing 6 & 7's.