What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointing Signings

jay mac

Juniors
Brett Morris was a great player for us.
Could have been one of the Dragons' greats, but has been a disappointing signing for the Dogs due to injury and age catching up to him. Definitely had his best years in the Red V and, in hindsight, smart move by the club (I think Mulholland at the time) in letting him leave as his salary expectations were too high (from my recollection). I still would have liked to see him finish his career with the Dragons though.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Could have been one of the Dragons' greats, but has been a disappointing signing for the Dogs due to injury and age catching up to him. Definitely had his best years in the Red V and, in hindsight, smart move by the club (I think Mulholland at the time) in letting him leave as his salary expectations were too high (from my recollection). I still would have liked to see him finish his career with the Dragons though.

I wish he went to another team like the Gold Coast or Newcastle instead of the scum dogs. Def not worth the cash he's currently on.

denis preston

First Grade
Does anyone remember Trevor Lake!
South African winger many years ago.
Has very good in his short time with Saints.
Don't remember why he didn't stay longer.
CC

Yes , came over for the 1967 season with a lot of publicity as he had played the first season of 4 tackle football and all the Sydney media wanted to know how it went , so a novelity factor and actually interviewed at Sydney airport on arrival like a rock star! . Took a couple of games to get going , a great positional player scored 3 tries in one game but broke his leg the next. Never saw the best of him but gone after the broken leg. Don't know if he stayed or went back to the old Dart after that.

qld redvee

Juniors
Ill throw matt groat in and big ross cale. like a lot of you have mentioned we have had quite a few pull on the red vee havent we

possm

Coach
Our latest disappointment is Packer. He just now makes the Kiwi side and playing at the top of his game. We lose him over an extra 1 year and 100k on his extension. Very disappointed because hard nosed props are hard to find.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Our latest disappointment is Packer. He just now makes the Kiwi side and playing at the top of his game. We lose him over an extra 1 year and 100k on his extension. Very disappointed because hard nosed props are hard to find.

Losing him has been disappointing, however no-one can fault the original signing.

So many people were opposed to signing him but he's managed to prove everyone wrong. Not only on the field, but more importantly off the field as well.

South (the tiny headgear fullback) was a good player. I remember his length of the field try at jubilee . Picked it up in the southern in goal and down the west try line

Remember it well, was my first "at game" victory as a young fella.
Put a good score on the Sharks that day.
Peter Gill Man of the match from memory.