What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diving

myrrh ken

First Grade
Or he notices it too late because he was being held down?

Anyways that wasn't the argument. I'm saying how is it any differerent to the woods hold on Gallen

A bit inconsistent going on this year

Of course its bloody different. They are coming out of a scrum so they were supposed to be in contact with one another. In every scrum the forwards are slow to disentangle. You cannot honestly say watching that video that Harris is trying to disentangle any quicker than Bird was. As it turned out, Bird didn't know what the f**k was going on. Bird was not holding him down.

In the Woods one, he is playing the ball and not supposed to impede, or in fact come in any contact with the marker. Pretty simple.

Clifferd

Coach
Of course its bloody different. They are coming out of a scrum so they were supposed to be in contact with one another. In every scrum the forwards are slow to disentangle. You cannot honestly say watching that video that Harris is trying to disentangle any quicker than Bird was. As it turned out, Bird didn't know what the f**k was going on.

In the Woods one, he is playing the ball and not supposed to impede, or in fact come in any contact with the marker. Pretty simple.

Actually you're quite wrong my good man

I posted a pic so I'll post it again because you quite clearly have difficulties reading

IMG_1869.PNG

Gallen has a hold of the ball, Harris is still being held down. He is literally right next to the play he has every chance in the world to make that tackle

Now compare that to Gallen

Ball was just played, Woods has a cheeky grab at him that lasts no longer than a second and dives like the cheat he is. Tigers score even though fatfita was there also in cover and couldn't stop him. But yeah Gal would've covered him easy lol so penalty

myrrh ken

First Grade
You are getting sucked in from the perspective of the photo mate. Gallen is popping up from lock and he runs diagonally away from the scrum. Harris is miles away.

Did you actually watch the vid? It helpfully starts right on the try.

Clifferd

Coach
You are getting sucked in from the perspective of the photo mate. Gallen is popping up from lock and he runs diagonally away from the scrum. Harris is miles away.

Did you actually watch the vid? It helpfully starts right on the try.

But he is heavily disadvantaged

How many times have we seen players obstructed / taken off the ball with what you'd think have no hope of getting to the ball player , yet received a penalty

Hint: it's a lot

carcharias

Immortal
Section 12
Page 29
To form a scrum not more than three forwards of either team shall interlock arms and heads and create a clear tunnel at right angles to the touch line.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Look it's a slippery slope and I'm not sure what the answer is. You'll never know whether the slightest impediment or obstruction will affect the tackler. My view is that the attacking team should not be allowed to impede a defending team at all and the onus is on them not to do so.

Obviously diving is not great. I understand why players would dive so as to get the ref's attention but its not a good look. Gal's acting is better than DCE's who took a step forward before falling over. But I don't know that it was completely simulated or just a heavily exaggerated reaction. Gal otherwise had plenty of time to complete the defensive line.

Maybe refs/bunker should have a green light to disregard any simulation - although that is difficult to police.

You are dead wrong about the scrum so you best give up as its a bit embarrassing.

Clifferd

Coach
Ok but

If Harris was to take a dive there and then

Would it have been a penalty?

He was definitely held a little longer after the scrum was disengaged as proven once again by gal taking the ball from lock and having enough time to run

carcharias

Immortal
Ok but

He was definitely held a little longer after the scrum was disengaged as proven once again by gal taking the ball from lock and having enough time to run

By the time anyone in that scrum knew the f**k was going on Barba already was waving to me in the crowd.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Ok but

If Harris stopped holding onto Bird, I guess he could've dived.

Clifferd

Coach
Haha sounds good buddy

have fun beating your chest over probably the most overrated wankstain in the history of the game

when he retires i'll certainly remember all those SOO series he lead NSW to victory in

Maybe if you're lucky enough he could show you a thing or two

carcharias

Immortal
Haha sounds good buddy

have fun beating your chest over probably the most overrated wankstain in the history of the game

when he retires i'll certainly remember all those SOO series he lead NSW to victory in

Maybe if you're lucky enough he could show you a thing or two
Wish I had a dollar for every docile merkin that has used that comeback