What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diving

Billythekid

First Grade
The try from the scrum in the GF is fine. Yes he was holding Harris but not blatantly so, same thing happens in every scrum. The 2 incidents aren't comparable.

The tigers no try was bullshit though. Woods barely so much as touched Gallen, one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

I understand when there is anything remotely like foul play involved, like contact with the head. Players stay down because it should have been penalised. I still don't like it but can understand why the NRL and refs can't do much about it.

In examples like that one from Gallen it is unquestionable that he took a dive and the opposition player didn't affect him in anyway. The sooner we stamp that shit out the better. It's one of many things turning fans away from the game.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep not saying GF one wasn't a try however it was similar in the way he was holding him

You could also mount the same case that in a lot of play the balls there is a lot of holding of the markers

peter file

Juniors
Section 12
Page 29
To form a scrum not more than three forwards of either team shall interlock arms and heads and create a clear tunnel at right angles to the touch line.

I thought there were six forwards per team in a scrum, not three or less as you suggest?

SBD82

Coach
I thought there were six forwards per team in a scrum, not three or less as you suggest?
It's probably because it's only an excerpt, and is specifically talking about the players that interlock. Other parts of the rule book would deal with the rest of the scrum.