What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you believe in a God?

Do you believe in a God?

• Total voters

Cliffhanger

Coach
I feel like playing devil's advocate.

Personally I just don't know if there is a God.

That said I don't think people should believe in things upon insufficient proof, that said some people find proof of God in the earths beauty etc, personally I just don't know so I choose life.

I believe we should make the most of this world because our life here is a certainty.

bartman

Immortal
Do you believe in God?
Which god? There are so many out there...

Personally I just don't know if there is a God.
Me neither, it's not something anyone can know, it tends to come down to belief.

That said I don't think people should believe in things upon insufficient proof, that said some people find proof of God in the earths beauty etc, personally I just don't know so I choose life.

I believe we should make the most of this world because our life here is a certainty.
I don't care what other people do or don't believe, and wish them all well with whatever they happen to fancy. I certainly don't think I've got it all worked out, so I don't think anyone's belief can be automatically wrong either.

Bazal

Post Whore
No. I believe that the universe could certainly be home to beings that have somehow reached a level that we would associate with gods, but I don't believe they would have any interest in us whatsoever. Human religion is a construct we used to explain things we didn't understand. Now we use science for that...I do wonder whether humans in five thousand years will be sitting around somewhere on whatever they use in place of the internet discussing the outdated concept of science...

gUt

Coach
If there is a god, none of the earth's religions know anything about It (nor does anyone else).

Springs

First Grade
No, but I do believe there has to be something else other than what we know now is true. Considering not long ago we had no idea about radiowaves and things like that.

I believe that everyone has a spiritual side as well, even if it's just dreams and such.
Also I hate the idea that there was once nothing, then a big bang came out of nowhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
smite me oh mighty smiter

and if the Sharkies ever win the NRL, there is defo no god

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think there is a "higher power" but not one that gives a crap about us

Science can explain just about everything except where energy comes from. It can be converted from one form to another but never destroyed or created.

That's proof enough for me

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade

Science can explain just about everything except where energy comes from. It can be converted from one form to another but never destroyed or created.

I was recently discussing the problem of evil with a Gnostic Christan and he pulled out Plato's demiurge argument and quoted the Apocryphon of John.

It's by no means a perfect rationalization but it's more eloquent then mainstream Christianity.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

so you're one of them Scientologists

explains alot