What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you feel that Suncorp Stadium deserves to hold the majority of test matches played

Do you feel that Suncorp Stadium deserves to hold the majority of test matches played

• Yes

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

Hado

Juniors
Do you feel that Suncorp Stadium deserves to hold the majority of test matches played in Australia?

Mr Saab

Referee
Do you feel that Suncorp Stadium deserves to hold the majority of test matches played in Australia?

LESStar58

Referee
To feckin' right it does!

Well, it deserves it ahead of Sydney for sure! I want more tests in Melbourne of course but!

having suncorp hold the majority of tests played in Australia would be madness.

however i do think it should hold more than sydney. At least until something can be done to get the crowds to where they should be in sydney.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
All test matches played? No

Test matches involving Australia? No...spread the love. Perth, Townsville, Melbourne, Canberra...

Sharkie™

Juniors
finally a decent thread by hado that can create some decent conversation...

Yes to MAJORITY but like its been said u will have to spread it around not only to Sydney but other areas.

Charlie124

First Grade
Who signed in under Hado's account?

A Massive "yes" to the majority, i think 50% held at suncorp, 25% in sydney and 25% in regional areas

Rocco

Juniors
dam right!

the sydney people would rather watch a bunch of no names playing soccer than watch the best of league

mattyg

Bench
Sydney people would rather go out to one of the hundreds of night venues that Sydney has on offer...something Brisbane doesn't have. Let alone the fact of how much living in Sydney costs. But i am for Suncorp getting more tests, however you can't completely exclude Sydney from it. We still deserve the World Cup Final.

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
Let alone the fact of how much living in Sydney costs.

i have to agree there :sarcasm: who would want to pay $3.30 for an over inflated can of coke

and who else would rather pay $9 for a cup of beer in sydney...

mattyg

Bench
well they are the kind of thing that keep people away from the games. Petrol up there is something like 20 cents a litre cheaper.

The Preacher

First Grade
If it's a three test series, why not have it as one for Suncorp, one for Sydney and one for Melbourne. If it's more than three tests, such as tri-nations, spread them out over the three venues, but play the final at Suncorp, because it is well known that the joint will be packed to the rafters.

Oh for the days when there were real ashes-league tours by the Poms, and the tour would kick off against NT at Richardson Park and then proceed through the eastern country areas before and in between Tests.
Now, if those tours existed, I could see them beginning in Perth, and then comming east for the Tests and regional area games. ( Happy with that P.Red ??)
It's a FACT that Sydney is the league capital, but people just wont turn up to Test matches in "house-full" numbers, as they will at Suncorp.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Brisbane should have at least one test every year, but dont leave Sydney and Melbourne out. I agree with Preacher if we're gonna hav a 3 test series, it should be Sydney, then Melbourne and the final game in Brisbane.

if theyre only putting one test in Australia in a series, then it should be Brisbane. I mean a crowd over 40,000 in November is just enough to say, yep they deserve one every year. Unfortunately since the Sydney crowds were disappointing, I fear the test matches will be lost to Brisbane. I just dont get how Brisbane crowds have improved but Sydney have dropped, cause lately every test is unpredictable, you're gonna expect a good contest. Unlike 2000 0r 2001 where everyone wasnt sure if it was either gonna be a close game or a joke of a game. Next year's test should get as many people, especially after that thrilling Tri Nations win.

I think they should play at least 1-2 test matches every year in Australia, it doesnt matter where they play, Sydney and Brisbane or Brisbane and Melbourne. The Kangaroos love playing at home cause when they score a try they'll get the loudest chear, heaps different to England and New Zealand when they silenced the crowd.

I dont care where next year's test will be, as long as its in Australia. I'll be there for sure, Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane and I hope there is a huge crowd like the one in Brisbane. I cant wait for it.

nqboy

First Grade
mattyg said:
Sydney people would rather go out to one of the hundreds of night venues that Sydney has on offer...something Brisbane doesn't have. Let alone the fact of how much living in Sydney costs.
Excuses, excuses.

mattyg said:
But i am for Suncorp getting more tests, however you can't completely exclude Sydney from it. We still deserve the World Cup Final.
On what basis?

Latest posts