What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Apart from the fact he has a legal responsibilty to ensure neither the PLC or the PNRL go broke, I am interested in how you draw these conclusions.
Well one of the first things he said when he got he was we wouldn’t be doing TPA’s. Don’t know about you but that said plenty for me.

Then we had another big loss, Nek minnet no defence coach, no wrestling coach and our head of football is a bloke who hadn’t been in the country for well over a decade. Screams cost cutting to me, he’s an Auditor it’s what they do.

And can someone tell me why has he not forced his reforms through??? He was given a mandate by the state government, while he is here the club won’t be in an even footing with a lot of others.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody know why Luke Burt left?

if you believe the media and articles that have been posted here, he was poached as he did have a pretty good record with our juniors

going from coaching juniors to assistant NRL coach would be a decent promotion

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hindy said last night on NRL360 that BA isn't the type of bloke that wants help eg an HOFM. Its all very interesting.

Gazzamatta

Coach
if you believe the media and articles that have been posted here, he was poached as he did have a pretty good record with our juniors

going from coaching juniors to assistant NRL coach would be a decent promotion
So we didnt want him?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anybody know why Luke Burt left? Given Brennan is new to the NRL the opportunity there would appear remote and also The Titans arent exactly an icon for developing quality coaches? Was it that The Eels didnt want him as an Assistant Coach?
Was it simply a money issue?

From my understanding Gentle was our forwards coach/assistant however Burt isn’t a forwards coach so there wasn’t an Assistant role for him.

Thus when the titans offered him an assistants role, it was to good to refuse.

I dont think it had anything to do with money / Burt’s ability, just he wasn’t what we needed.

I think Grima stepped up to a sort of assistant role to help BA.

Also there is talk BA may have limited staff, but if you listen to the TCT interviews, Grima role over the last few years has been as a “skills coach” to help with not just NRL player development but our NSW cup players so if they step up they know what is expected and to also help with what areas they need to improve with. Do other clubs have this role? Sort of shows BA wants to develop all his players including juniors.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Well one of the first things he said when he got he was we wouldn’t be doing TPA’s. Don’t know about you but that said plenty for me.

Yeah, that's probably a good thing he said that considering the club is not allowed to do TPA's.

We all know that clubs do them anyway, but you don't just go to the media and tell everyone about it....unless you are are out previous board.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Apart from the fact he has a legal responsibilty to ensure neither the PLC or the PNRL go broke, I am interested in how you draw these conclusions.
Based on my experience and knowledge of other cases where administrators are appointed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don’t worry Eele unless you are a snake hipped merkin weighing 70kgs wringing wet clothes aren’t made for you or anyone who likes to eat real food.

Yeah it's rough - I've got some really nice suits and shirts from Ron Bennette Big & Tall, but I can't buy all my clothes there's, because they're not cheap!

But I'm comfortable being a bigab in terms of my fashion sense lol.

Kornstar

Coach
I'm with you, mate.

I'm too fat (and often feeling very down) to wear classy clothes; I have several nice shirts in my wardrobe, but given my size, I feel ridiculously self-conscious wearing them out (I feel like I'm wearing a tent).

My footy jerseys are not in any way classy, but at least I feel comfortable in them.

I'd love to wear nice clothes more often, but sadly, I'm yet to find a manufacturer who can make clothes for the larger gentleman that actually fit nicely.

I’m fat and tall and due to severe self conscious issues my clothes need to be like tents before I will wear something.

So because I am tall I have about 8 jerseys that I will not wear because if I get the 3XL although most people would wear it and have their stomach stick out I just can’t do that without severe anxiety the entire time.

So then I get the 5XL and it is like a tent width wise (which is how I like it) however the length is so short that you can see my stomach if I even slightly raise my arms and NOONE wants to see that!

You know what pisses me off? There are many places that sell fat man clothes but it is like they want us to stand out like clowns because the patterns they choose are f**king ludicrous and who would want to draw that kind of attention themselves?

Bazal

Post Whore
Even at 110kg (fat AF for me) it was hard to get decent clothes that looked good. Of course that might have been to do with me looking at shit, thank f**k I finally got off my arse and hit the gym....

Not a shot at anyone BTW. Just realised it may seem that way, it absolutely isn't. Personally I did look like shit at my worst weight, as a man who used to being sub 85kg. Certainly not suggesting others do!

emjaycee

Coach

Then we had another big loss, Nek minnet no defence coach, no wrestling coach and our head of football is a bloke who hadn’t been in the country for well over a decade. Screams cost cutting to me, he’s an Auditor it’s what they do.

And can someone tell me why has he not forced his reforms through??? He was given a mandate by the state government, while he is here the club won’t be in an even footing with a lot of others.
Max has forced his reforms through the only part of our organisation that didn't need a members vote to get approval (i.e. PNRL P/L). He attempted to force them through the PLC via the necessary voting eligible membership, however that meeting was badly attended by all but those that were there to stack the vote for their mate(s) and it got defeated.

I am led to believe a different approach to getting them approved is on the cards and likely to be initiated shortly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Max has forced his reforms through the only part of our organisation that didn't need a members vote to get approval (i.e. PNRL P/L). He attempted to force them through the PLC via the necessary voting eligible membership, however that meeting was badly attended by all but those that were there to stack the vote for their mate(s) and it got defeated.

I am led to believe a different approach to getting them approved is on the cards and likely to be initiated shortly.
Ok mate cheers, the sooner the better as far as I’m concerned

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m fat and tall and due to severe self conscious issues my clothes need to be like tents before I will wear something.

So because I am tall I have about 8 jerseys that I will not wear because if I get the 3XL although most people would wear it and have their stomach stick out I just can’t do that without severe anxiety the entire time.

So then I get the 5XL and it is like a tent width wise (which is how I like it) however the length is so short that you can see my stomach if I even slightly raise my arms and NOONE wants to see that!

You know what pisses me off? There are many places that sell fat man clothes but it is like they want us to stand out like clowns because the patterns they choose are f**king ludicrous and who would want to draw that kind of attention themselves?
Went shopping with a mate recently at Mr Bigs I think it’s called. Gee some of the clothes in there lol.

He asked the clerk “do you have anything in here that doesn’t make me look gay”??? His words.

I normally still get away with just extra large but since I gave away all sports bar golf I’ve stacked on some kilos. When I get to 95kgs I have told myself I’m hitting the gym.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm 6'2'' and right up to 20's hovered around the low 80kgs. Given i stopped riding my bike around and started drinking copious amounts of beer, that went quickly up to high 90kgs. By late 20's i was pushing over 100. Then I met my now wife who was mid 60kgs. I stopped playing footy and got a desk job, she got pregnant. The weight piled on both of us.
For the next 10 years we did different diets and just yoyo'd. Then late last year my daughter told me she had a dream that I died because I was too fat. Shocked the shit out of me.
So far this year have dropped 18kgs and lowered the alcohol intake considerably, which is hard to do in this shit show of a season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm 6'2'' and right up to 20's hovered around the low 80kgs. Given i stopped riding my bike around and started drinking copious amounts of beer, that went quickly up to high 90kgs. By late 20's i was pushing over 100. Then I met my now wife who was mid 60kgs. I stopped playing footy and got a desk job, she got pregnant. The weight piled on both of us.
For the next 10 years we did different diets and just yoyo'd. Then late last year my daughter told me she had a dream that I died because I was too fat. Shocked the shit out of me.
So far this year have dropped 18kgs and lowered the alcohol intake considerably, which is hard to do in this shit show of a season.
Awesome effort mate.

Latest posts