What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Eelogical

Referee
I'm not sure but if the result stays the same I can see a few posters on the losing side going postal....

When does this farkin' election finish. Is it rigged to end after we lose enough games or end if we win a few?

Kornstar

Coach
Even at 110kg (fat AF for me) it was hard to get decent clothes that looked good. Of course that might have been to do with me looking at shit, thank f**k I finally got off my arse and hit the gym....

Not a shot at anyone BTW. Just realised it may seem that way, it absolutely isn't. Personally I did look like shit at my worst weight, as a man who used to being sub 85kg. Certainly not suggesting others do!

I am just under 6'2" and 125kgs (fluctuates by 5 or so kgs each side) and i don't eat particularly bad most of the time but when i get down i lose complete control and will have weeks of weakness and eating, then reset. When i get to 120 if i don't completely stop eating i can't lose weight and obviously not eating days at a time is not great for you...........it is f**ked and depressing!!!!

I walk between 13 and 15kms a day religiously, regardless of my eating habits at a given time and i have been that way since 2009, when i did dropped myself from 180kgs to 120kgs. I'm not even that greedy, if i could weight 105 i would be completely satisfied.

I know what i have to do to lose weight (pretty much stop eating) but the willpower to actually do that is an extremely hard mindset.

I don't drink or smoke and i am ridiculously active for someone my size and it is a constant battle in my head to fight off eating. I'm not even hungry, i can happily miss meals and not give a shit (whereas my wife weights about 60kgs and gets hangry when she doesn't have lunch by 12 and doesn't exercise one bit) i eat because i get in my own head.

I think i would rather be addicted to meth or something because at least then shopping for clothes would be a breeze!

Bazal

Post Whore
I am just under 6'2" and 125kgs (fluctuates by 5 or so kgs each side) and i don't eat particularly bad most of the time but when i get down i lose complete control and will have weeks of weakness and eating, then reset. When i get to 120 if i don't completely stop eating i can't lose weight and obviously not eating days at a time is not great for you...........it is f**ked and depressing!!!!

I walk between 13 and 15kms a day religiously, regardless of my eating habits at a given time and i have been that way since 2009, when i did dropped myself from 180kgs to 120kgs. I'm not even that greedy, if i could weight 105 i would be completely satisfied.

I know what i have to do to lose weight (pretty much stop eating) but the willpower to actually do that is an extremely hard mindset.

I don't drink or smoke and i am ridiculously active for someone my size and it is a constant battle in my head to fight off eating. I'm not even hungry, i can happily miss meals and not give a shit (whereas my wife weights about 60kgs and gets hangry when she doesn't have lunch by 12 and doesn't exercise one bit) i eat because i get in my own head.

I think i would rather be addicted to meth or something because at least then shopping for clothes would be a breeze!

Do you do any strength work?

how long does it take you to walk 15 ks ?

Often walking is far better than running...

Kornstar

Coach
how long does it take you to walk 15 ks ?

It varies. I do about 7 kms with an average of about 8:40 per km as proper exercise and the rest are 5 to 10 minute bursts in between meetings at work. I will get a walk around the block (or 2 blocks) depending on time. I also park about 15 minutes away from my office to get those 2 15 minutes walks in too.

I have recently been promoted at work so i have had to completely change my routine. I used to do the same amount of exercise but i was working from home a lot so could actually go for longer walks at once, rather than short bursts like i am now.

The only day i take off is Sunday. I will only do around 8kms on a Sunday.

Do you do any strength work?

Nope, after i get back from Hawaii next month i will be buying a gym work station thingy. I have done off and on over the years but not for quite some time though.

Bazal

Post Whore
It varies. I do about 7 kms with an average of about 8:40 per km as proper exercise and the rest are 5 to 10 minute bursts in between meetings at work. I will get a walk around the block (or 2 blocks) depending on time. I also park about 15 minutes away from my office to get those 2 15 minutes walks in too.

I have recently been promoted at work so i have had to completely change my routine. I used to do the same amount of exercise but i was working from home a lot so could actually go for longer walks at once, rather than short bursts like i am now.

The only day i take off is Sunday. I will only do around 8kms on a Sunday.

Nope, after i get back from Hawaii next month i will be buying a gym work station thingy. I have done off and on over the years but not for quite some time though.

Try throwing in (if you have time) one or two higher intensity sessions every week. Even if you start by just smashing yourself on a stationary bike for ten-twenty mins.

The problem with something like walking is that it will eventually just become routine and your body operates at that level. It's the same reason someone who goes from sedentary job into something more active (even shelf stacking) will often lose weight, but people who have been doing that job for ages don't. It becomes part of your maintenance level and you need to ramp it up again to break through that barrier.

Working large muscle groups helps quicken your metabolism, so don't worry overly about flashy areas like arms (although obviously you should balance it). Chest, back, core....build strong, lean muscle in your core, your chest and especially your upper back and you might notice a significant difference...

It also just becomes progressively tougher to burn fat. I went from about 110kg to about a hundred in less than ten weeks. 100kg to 90kg in about six months and then it took me another six months to get around 85....

Bazal

Post Whore
It is certainly plausible though.

It is. But given he's generally had assistant coaches all through his tenure, I'm going to need more than the say so of a bloke who has made his negative opinions on BA very clear before I believe it.

I'd suggest the first reason had a lot more to do with it than the second

Kornstar

Coach
Try throwing in (if you have time) one or two higher intensity sessions every week. Even if you start by just smashing yourself on a stationary bike for ten-twenty mins.

The problem with something like walking is that it will eventually just become routine and your body operates at that level. It's the same reason someone who goes from sedentary job into something more active (even shelf stacking) will often lose weight, but people who have been doing that job for ages don't. It becomes part of your maintenance level and you need to ramp it up again to break through that barrier.

Working large muscle groups helps quicken your metabolism, so don't worry overly about flashy areas like arms (although obviously you should balance it). Chest, back, core....build strong, lean muscle in your core, your chest and especially your upper back and you might notice a significant difference...

It also just becomes progressively tougher to burn fat. I went from about 110kg to about a hundred in less than ten weeks. 100kg to 90kg in about six months and then it took me another six months to get around 85....

I have, in the last 5 or so weeks really ramped up my speed for walking. I was averaging about 11 minutes per km and as of tonight i averaged 8:24, with my fastest split of 8:12.......i am way too big to try and run but i figure the higher intensity should be much better for me.

Thanks for the advice too. The reason to get the gym station thing is for that reason, weights is something i have just never had time for because i hate gyms and in the past haven't had the room for a gym room but i have plenty of room in my house now.

My assumption has always been that 120 is where my body (regardless of what science etc. says) is at its most comfortable and losing say 20 more kilo's would be ideal for me short of becoming a meth addict i don't think i would ever be able to get under 100.

Avenger

Immortal
It is. But given he's generally had assistant coaches all through his tenure, I'm going to need more than the say so of a bloke who has made his negative opinions on BA very clear before I believe it.

I'd suggest the first reason had a lot more to do with it than the second
When they told BA the first reason do you think that they may have asked him, can you do it yourself?

FFS!

Bazal

Post Whore
When they told BA the first reason do you think that they may have asked him, can you do it yourself?

FFS!

Nice goalpost shift, but that is a very different thing to the insinuation that BA, of his own accord, thought he could do it himself.

Anyway I'm not going to change your opinion, am I?

Latest posts