What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

lingard

Coach
Who are the options if we get rid of him? Unless Paul Green gets fired, I'd stay put.

That wasn"t the question though. I've seen enough now to say (from a fan's perspective) that I don't want him as coach any more. He seems very one dimensional in his approach, and looks out of his depth at the moment. Just a fan's perspective (which is what was asked for). Count me as a NO.

Angry_eel

First Grade
That wasn"t the question though. I've seen enough now to say (from a fan's perspective) that I don't want him as coach any more. He seems very one dimensional in his approach, and looks out of his depth at the moment. Just a fan's perspective (which is what was asked for). Count me as a NO.
Disregard the coach named but to fire Arthur you must have a good coach in sight. Will Hindy coach us?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yes for now, ask me again at the end of the season and you might get a different answer

Avenger

Immortal
If we get the spoon the vote will change it’s just that I’m a little more impatient.

Avenger

Immortal
If we were to sack him at seasons end or not renew his contract after careful consideration and taking into account some valid points from members here (Des Hasler in particular) I’d consider the following coaches:

For 2019:

Mark Maguire.

Kevin Walters.

For 2020:

Ivan Cleary/Trent Robinson/Shane Flanagan if their respective clubs decide to seek a different direction in 2020.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The big issue for me if if we ditch him, who will be his replacement.

For mine there are two choices, a young inexperienced coach which would be a gamble, or an older has been who is currently out of a job, and if they are our of a job there is generally a very good reason.

I cant see us snatching a top quality coach from a team that is doing much better than we are.

Avenger

Immortal
The big issue for me if if we ditch him, who will be his replacement.

For mine there are two choices, a young inexperienced coach which would be a gamble, or an old has been who is currently out of a job, and if they are our of a job there is generally a very good reason.
I just answered your question.

Gronk

Staff member
FMD you sign Cleary and what happens. Merkins think that you slot in a coach and you get instant success. Well short memories. Cleary was punted from Penrith because the team made the 8 once in 4 seasons. Was unemployed in 2016. Yet bc the Tigers have had a ok start he is the answer ? The other options you lot have mentioned have all had GOATS in their teams. How did Bennett go in Newcastle? How does Paul Green go when his GOAT is off his game ?

Kornstar

Coach
FMD you sign Cleary and what happens. Merkins think that you slot in a coach and you get instant success. Well short memories. Cleary was punted from Penrith because the team made the 8 once in 4 seasons. Was unemployed in 2016. Yet bc the Tigers have had a ok start he is the answer ? The other options you lot have mentioned have all had GOATS in their teams. How did Bennett go in Newcastle? How does Paul Green go when his GOAT is off his game ?

Green went ok last year when his GOAT had a season ending injury........

Avenger

Immortal
Out of all the coaches I’ve mentioned I reckon Kevin Walters would entice many Qlders and Flanagan has a very good recruiting record.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We replace Arthur with Walters.

If that doesn’t work we replace Walters with Maguire.

If that doesn’t work we replace Maguire with Cleary.

If that doesn’t work we replace Cleary with Bellamy.

Bellamy with Bennett

Bennett with Sir Alex Ferguson

Ferguson with Phil Jackson.

Phil Jackson with Pou.

If none of those options work then we merge with Penrith (but not before sacrificing Hindy111).

parra pete

Referee
We replace Arthur with Walters.

If that doesn’t work we replace Walters with Maguire.

If that doesn’t work we replace Maguire with Cleary.

If that doesn’t work we replace Cleary with Bellamy.

Bellamy with Bennett

Bennett with Sir Alex Ferguson

Ferguson with Phil Jackson.

Phil Jackson with Pou.

If none of those options work then we merge with Penrith (but not before sacrificing Hindy111).

BUT before we merge with Penrith.....

Get Brian Smith back on board, with Jason Taylor as his assistant...
If not...........
Mick Hagan is available...If he doesn't work out there is also
Daniel Anderson,

Where is Paul Osborne when you need him most!!!!!!....Woe is us

lingard

Coach
Disregard the coach named but to fire Arthur you must have a good coach in sight. Will Hindy coach us?

Mate, I'm not sacking him or hiring someone else. The thread asked if we (as uninformed fans) still want Arthur as coach. My answer is no, I don't. But I also don't want Turnbull as prime minister. Does that mean I have to go out and find another one? Or could it just be seen as a (relatively uninformed) opinion and nothing more than that?