What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

forward pass

Coach
I think BA is a fair footy coach. But I think he is probably an excellent assistant coach.

I have changed my mind on him. He bleeds blue and gold and has a long time association with the club - so no-one can doubt his passion to see us becoming a great club. I think his attitude and approach to coaching is quite good.

But seeing what Siebold is doing at Souths makes me think we should maybe look to a new age coach to shake things up a bit. He has reinvigorated that whole side and he has got the Burgess boys playing out of their skins. He identified the issues in that side and addressed every one of them. That is what a coach should do.

It concerns me that our players are doing the same stupid stuff consistently and the weaknesses in their games don’t seem to be being addressed. That is how it appears to the outside anyway.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think BA is a fair footy coach. But I think he is probably an excellent assistant coach.

I have changed my mind on him. He bleeds blue and gold and has a long time association with the club - so no-one can doubt his passion to see us becoming a great club. I think his attitude and approach to coaching is quite good.

But seeing what Siebold is doing at Souths makes me think we should maybe look to a new age coach to shake things up a bit. He has reinvigorated that whole side and he has got the Burgess boys playing out of their skins. He identified the issues in that side and addressed every one of them. That is what a coach should do.

It concerns me that our players are doing the same stupid stuff consistently and the weaknesses in their games don’t seem to be being addressed. That is how it appears to the outside anyway.
This is why I hope any rumours regarding Michael Maguire aren't true as it would just be more of the same.

Joely01

Bench
If BA isn’t head coach of this club in 2019 we will be in serious trouble.
If we don’t start having the correct back of house systems in play we will be in serious trouble.
Start giving BA the resources that every other NRL coach has the luxury of and see the difference

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I look at Mary McGregor and what he has achieved after some pretty poor seasons .....

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Maybe it's just coincidence that last year and the year before our forwards were playing really well (and still playing at a decent level) then as soon as Peter Gentle goes souffs forwards are playing much better.

I reckon if we get a better attacking assistant we'll have a better shape and timing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe it's just coincidence that last year and the year before our forwards were playing really well (and still playing at a decent level) then as soon as Peter Gentle goes souffs forwards are playing much better.

I reckon if we get a better attacking assistant we'll have a better shape and timing.
Wasn’t Gentle our defence coach???

Joey Happy Meal Grima is our attacking coach.

Oscarman

Juniors
If BA isn’t head coach of this club in 2019 we will be in serious trouble.
If we don’t start having the correct back of house systems in play we will be in serious trouble.
Start giving BA the resources that every other NRL coach has the luxury of and see the difference
Not sure this happens while Max's penny pinching is still in place. Thanks to Todd and everyone else who made this happen.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol, few years back Grima was an absolute hero on this place for what he did with our lower grades.

Now he's a chump. How quick the uneducated masses are to sling shit

hybrideel

Bench
Maybe a better comment would be to question whether he was chosen as the attacking coach or he just landed there as there was noone else to do it.
Either way given what we have seen this season from fairly inept and completely predictable attack, questions should be asked as to whther he is the right person for that role.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe a better comment would be to question whether he was chosen as the attacking coach or he just landed there as there was noone else to do it.
Either way given what we have seen this season from fairly inept and completely predictable attack, questions should be asked as to whther he is the right person for that role.

Easy to be inept when both your halves are struggling and the other two major focal points of your attack have spent considerable time on the sideline.

Point is people are so quick to blame a coach for things that are more attributable to players or other issues

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Steve Murphy is the attack coach, from what I understand, Joe Grima is skills and development or some name.
That makes sense because Murphy has been here since 2014 and our attack on the whole has been rubbish the whole time.

hindy111

Post Whore
I look at Mary McGregor and what he has achieved after some pretty poor seasons .....

They have lost 3 of last 6 including 2of those by 13+

Just like the boom coach Cleary has lost 5 of his last 7 games

Both teams minimal injuries.

Do you reckon if the tigpies lost to the Dogs, a game they just snuck home in Cleary would be under pressure?