What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters
I'm sure at training they didn't practice with Jenko running out of the line leaving his winger with a 3 on 1 against him.
It's like Jenko wants tries to be scored down his side.
Needs a run with Wenty.

Gronk

Staff member
Haven't you ever heard of T-Boon Pty Ltd?
Thats me, I appointed myself junior vice president.

You are in good company.

200.gif

TheParraboy

Staff member
since our season is over

We need to blood 1-2 guys over the next few weeks and demote others. Mahoney has done well, brings enthusiasm and no stupidity with him.

MJennings needs to be dropped from a height. For such an experienced player on decent coin he has been utter garbage for a lot of weeks now. I'm sure he knows it , the coach knows it. Dont need to persist with him anymore. 2 weeks at Wenty to gain some confidence maybe, but in my opinion he is done and dusted as an eel. Has let us down badly. Hayne 6 Gutho to the centres if need be. Norman FB when Moses back.

We need a better no9. Im not sure King is our long term rake. Kaysa is whole hearted and getting better but not up to playing 80, nor 60min just yet, not for 1/2 a season let alone a whole season of NRL. No14 is his best spot for us for mine, impact enthusiasm player (f**k I miss Kenny in this regard). Prey Mahoney grows into the role quick. Also with Junior P back next year, we need Evans to deliver as well. If that can happen we are getting therex.

Better kicking game (this is where hayne at 6 will improve it) and no stupid unforced errors (I'm looking at peni / mjennings / Hoffman of recent times) then we are contenders

what a waste of a year though

hindy111

Post Whore
The new rules stop from blooding guys. We would have to move guys on before june 30 and create a top 30 spot.

I am unsure BA can take us further. Do we risk another year with him? This year has been a train wreck. And I dont think its all been his fault, a lot has not gone the teams way. But with 10 games left unless we won 5 of them I would cut ties. It isnt just based on this season. Most years he has been here the style and way play has not seemed to evolve at all. Same old boring style. If BA does stay I hope he brings in an attack coach like a JT

Kornstar

Coach
The funniest part about the “contracts are meaningless” is that while the commitment of a contract nowadays may be on a performance (or salary cap pressure) basis the actual contract is worth plenty because the player can hold the club to it and if the club wants the player gone the club will have to honour it in one way or another.

Whether that is contributing to the players tenure at another club, the player remaining at said club or paying them to play in feeder teams till they get fed up........there is always a cost to the club wanting rid of said player.

It is an unusual comment considering how often these play out in the media.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Obviously you’re missing the point. Gone are the days of yesteryear where deals were done over a handshake, sealed with a mans word.
...and a sprinkle of ‘love’.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that contracts are worth the paper they are written on.

That’s everything wrapped up in a nice neat package.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Obviously you’re missing the point. Gone are the days of yesteryear where deals were done over a handshake, sealed with a mans word.

Was the crow the last player to do this? handshake agreement? going back many moons, since we last won the comp actually...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The new rules stop from blooding guys. We would have to move guys on before june 30 and create a top 30 spot.

Just tell Matagi and Vave (as I doubt they will be here next year) they are free to leave now. Didn’t the sharks want Matagi? While there is rumours of a UK club looking at Vave.

Frees up 2 spots and we have Evan so he can provide cover in the middle. Just not sure what effect it will have on the cap but.