What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know what Gal advised Fifita about the offer to play SOO 1 & 3 ?

fizman

Bench
Yes Mate, Gal does NOT agree that Fifita should be selected for NSW.

He stated that playing for NSW was all or nothing - Fifita responded that he is entitled to be selected for Games 1 and 3.

Fifita doesn’t realise the unwanted backlash he will receive for playing just 1 & 3.

I don’t know why he would want to put himself through that.

But more importantly does the coach want continuity in his team ? I think any coach would want the same guys there for all 3 games. I reckon Fittler would be happy to know Andrew was available for game 3, in case of injury worries.

fizman

Bench
The other interesting aspect of the show was that Gould selected 6 Penrith players for his Origin Team.

6. Maloney (C)
7. Cleary
8. Campbell-Gillard
10. Tamu
14. Merrin
16. Peachey

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fifta has chosen Tonga, that is a good thing. Tonga is not in NSW.

Origin is an Australian selection trial, do well there get picked for Australia not Tonga.

bluefox1968

Juniors
The other interesting aspect of the show was that Gould selected 6 Penrith players for his Origin Team.

6. Maloney (C)
7. Cleary
8. Campbell-Gillard
10. Tamu
14. Merrin
16. Peachey

Yes, I did note that - typical - he IS a good judge of the game, but self-serving. I do not know what he sees in Merrin or Tamou. Peachey is inconsistent...

Gus had success in Origin due to using combinations from a few clubs. This is his blue print.
I didn't think this up on my own, there is an article somewhere on either WWOS or SMH stating this fact.

Eion

First Grade
Yes, I did note that - typical - he IS a good judge of the game, but self-serving. I do not know what he sees in Merrin or Tamou. Peachey is inconsistent...
Gus has always been a self serving merkin.

And gal in one breath said he couldn’t understand feef not wanting to play for nsw...then in the next that he doesn’t have a father with Tongan heritage, so didn’t know what that was like.

Pick him or don’t, but to go on about how he isn’t a tweuy twuey blue is crap. I love how feef does what he thinks is right and comes from a place of loyalty to friends and family. Fugg everyone else and more power to you feef, you big boofhead you.

And I would 100% pick him

Fifta has chosen Tonga, that is a good thing. Tonga is not in NSW.

Origin is an Australian selection trial, do well there get picked for Australia not Tonga.
how it should be. But its not. QLD & NSW are now club teams in a 2 team competition.
Fifita should be picked, if the NSW club want to win.

fizman

Bench
These are the current rules in place -

Tonga is a Tier 2 Rugby League nation - on that basis, Andrew Fifita is currently eligible to play for NSW, Australia and Tonga.

If/ when Tonga is regarded as a Tier 1 Rugby League nation Andrew Fifita isthen disqualified to play for NSW and Australia.

At no time has Fifita ever rejected or dismissed playing for NSW - it is not his fault that the Tonga game has been scheduled in the middle of the Origin series.

If the Tonga game was at the end of the season, this would not be a point of discussion.

Adrian Lam played for QLD and PNG
Tonie Carroll played for QLD and NZ as well as Australia.

And yes, I would select Fifita for Games 1 and 3 just to see James Hooper blow a few gaskets, but if NSW want to win the series -they need him desperately.

6. Maloney (C)
7. Cleary
8. Campbell-Gillard
10. Tamu
14. Merrin
16. Peachey

James Tamou??

Gould’s definitely taking the piss.

chewsta

First Grade
Is there a Tongan game around the time for the second SOO? why cant he play the 2nd match?

Is there a Tongan game around the time for the second SOO? why cant he play the 2nd match?
Yea mate. I think Tonga vs Samoa is on the Saturday and SOO is on the Sunday.
Bad programming considering that both Tonga and Samoa are second tier international teams, meaning that players are allowed to play with them and either Qld or NSW.

cb4

First Grade
Game 2 is on a weekend. The day after the Tongan game.
I love Fifita, he is currently the best prop in the game, but NSW will be making a fool of themselves if they pick him.

fizman

Bench
Mate, NSW have been making fools of themselves basically since 1980.

Make absolutely no mistake, if QLD was in the same position and thought Fifita was the difference between series win and series loss - I guarantee 100% they pick him.

You pick the best available 17 for game 1.

Eion

First Grade
Mate, NSW have been making fools of themselves basically since 1980.

Make absolutely no mistake, if QLD was in the same position and thought Fifita was the difference between series win and series loss - I guarantee 100% they pick him.

You pick the best available 17 for game 1.
Absolutely...and they’d make the story about supporting a true Queenslander who is courageous enough to play for both state and cultural heritage.

NSW is trying to do what they think should be done to prove they are as passionate about SOO as Queensland. The cold hard fact is, we never were and never will be...the Queenslanders are just too weird like that.

So pick your best bloody side and bash them.

Latest posts