What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
The biggest positive is our enthusiasm, we look primed for a big season.

The biggest negative, our enthusiasm, which has deadset directly led to 5 tries already this year.

I feel sorry for the first team we put an 80 minute performance against.

3 keary
2 friend
1 aubo

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Good to see an exciting brand of footy.

The problem is - same as the back end of last year - patience.
When something is on, we go for it, which is great to see.
Unfortunately when nothing is on we still go for it. SKD had a classic rocks game with stupid offloads and passes in our own half, Guerra was hopeless again. I can't understand where the Guerra from 2013-14 has gone. Might be time to send him to the glue factory AKA South Sydney.

Exciting game, never really should have been in a losing position, I think we've absolutely handed the opposition almost every try that's been scored against us this year so far.

adamkungl

Immortal
Can we have keary back please?
You can have one of the twins

That's Roosters Legend Luke Keary to you mate.

How about we trade Guerra for the good Burgess. Guerra could become the next great former-Roosters Souths Captain. ala Fletch. Who still loves the Bunnies, I can tell by how often he mentions them on Fox.

Valheru

Coach
Guerra's position in the side has to be in severe jeopardy when SST comes back, surely.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Luckily for my health the Foxtel IQ recording cut off with about 6 minutes to go and we were up by 10..

Few things I noticed-

We must get better at completing our set after scoring points. it was either 2 or 3 out of the 6 scores we put on the board (including the penalty goal) were we dropped our lollies. just not good enough.

Pushing the pass coming out of our own end has to stop, if its on great if not hold the f**king ball! just before SKD had one of his many brain fades Pearce absolutely ripped into Toops for throwing that flick pass to him on the previous tackle. I hope he ran over to SKD gave him the same mouthful. most of the dogs points were as a direct result of our errors

Poor old Aiden Guerra still looks a shadow of him former self. he could be introuble when SST and Liu are all back healthy. Was very impressed with Tetevano as well, will make it hard for trent to leave him out next week and might give Evans the rocket he needs.

3. Keary
2. Cordner
1. Aubs

Still haven't watched the first game again to give points.. spent too much time swearing at the TV to take enough notice.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Would be very frustrating if Matterson drops out instead

Yeah he looked good with the ball in hand last night. Strong running as well.. Unless Guerra will stay for less I don't think we should be throwing much money at him. The only way I can see us keeping him is if no one else wants him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. Napa
2. Keary
1. Pearce

Was so tempting to give Keary the 3 points but his failure to fall on a loose ball twice, plus his poor defensive error were quite costly errors so I'll go with Napa who played 70+ mins and was strong in the middle throughout covering Evans' minutes.

3 points: Dylan Napa. Massive in attack and defence. 16 runs for 149 metres, 27 tackles (a few real bone crunchers in there) with only 3 misses in 72 minutes of playing time. Helped set the platform.

2 points: Luke Keary. Dynamite in attack with 3 tru assists. Bad missed tackle though which lead to the Elliott try.

1 point: Boyd Cordner. All round good performance in 80 minutes.

Surprisng that Connor Watson only got 12 minutes of playing time whilst Chris Smith didn't even get on the field. We effectively played with only 15 players. I hope Robbo uses the his bench a little better as I don't want to see our best players get burnt out.

One thing though, pushing passes has to stop. Bad ball control almost cost us this game.

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
3. Keary
2. Tetevano
1. Matterson

I'm giving Tet and Matto the lower points because our attack was 1000% better when these two were on and Guerra totally off the field. JWH, Cords and Napa notable mentions.

Latest posts