What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Sundays aren't great for me due to my own sporting committments and i am yet to see a full replay.

Pearce got man of the match so assuming he will get 3 from most people.

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. Was a mountain on the field and really took it to the Dogs pack in the first half in attack and defence. 18 runs for 177 metres, 20 tackles with only 2 misses. Outstanding performance.

2 points: Michael Gordon. May not have been Flash, but he had a sound game on Sunday. Turned up when required in attack and defence, and some of his kick ret8urns were top rate. 16 runs for 211 metres, 3 tackles and 0 misses, 1 line break, 1 try assist, and 4 goals. Only blight was the fluff of the Pearce conversion.

1 point: Mitchell Pearce. Got the match winning try and looked very sharp.

Honourable mentions to Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Daniel Tupou and Dylan Napa.

One small point, when playing sides like Canterbury, we cannot go with olnly 1 prop on the interchange bench. When both JWH and Napa were of in the second half, that is when their forwards started to get a roll on. Tetevano and Lui being out injured really hampers us against teams with quality props.

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
3. JWH
2. Pearce
1. Toops

One thing yesterday proved to me was that if you take Latrell out of the team, we don't score many tries. Our left edge is lethal, but without it we are very ordinary.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3. JWH
2. Pearce
1. Napa

few observations

as above when we lose Latrell we definitely don't look anywhere near as potent

Was good to have Matterson back. That kid bends the line every time he gets the ball.. could be a very good player for us.

Glad we didn't re-sign evens. as soon as he came on he threw the bad pass to Gordon and conceded a high tackle penalty. came back and did a few good things but not enough to outweight the bad.

I really feel like we lose a lot when JWH Napa and SST are off the park. Will obviously be better when we have Liu back and we can stagger the minutes a little better but we can't have all of them off for as long as we did yesterday.

Reactions: OVP

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. JWH
2. Pearce
1. Toops

One thing yesterday proved to me was that if you take Latrell out of the team, we don't score many tries. Our left edge is lethal, but without it we are very ordinary.
Agreed. I just hope Latrell is content with becoming the best he can be at centre for half a decade because he has the potential to be the greatest attacking centre in my lifetime.

3. Toops - an absolutey faultless performance (well, maybe a toes witdth from faultless :D). He's on fire. An error free.
2. JWH - short on props but the beast led from the front. Back to his best where he owns the middle of the field like a lion.
1. Pearce - scored the match winning try and his long and short kicking game was excellent. His long kicking in particular helped regain control of the match at 20-18.

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
Another thing I've noticed is that the ref's are desperate to penalise Jared to give away the first penalty of the match. Two weeks running, Jared has been penalised first and yet he didn't have a hand on the attacker at all. He was up and ready and waiting for the guy to play the ball, and the ref penalises him for no reason at all. Getting real sick of it. Has anyone noticed if this has happened in any other matches this year ? I only started noticing it the last two weeks, but wouldn't be surprised if it has been going on all year.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
yeah I remember that one and was thinking at the time that it was a reputation penalty as opposed to a actual one.. ha-ha

With all the penalties received talk I've been trying to keep a mental note of type of penalties we are actually getting. This game we managed to get one ruck penalty but only after making a line break and the doggies practically begging the ref to blow it. The other two were for a drop out not going the 10 and the awkward looking tackle on Manu which probably wasn't a penalty.

I did have the eels ones in my head after the game but forgot to jot them down. will just try and put them in underneath my 3,2,1 in future..

Valheru

Coach
yeah I remember that one and was thinking at the time that it was a reputation penalty as opposed to a actual one.. ha-ha

With all the penalties received talk I've been trying to keep a mental note of type of penalties we are actually getting. This game we managed to get one ruck penalty but only after making a line break and the doggies practically begging the ref to blow it. The other two were for a drop out not going the 10 and the awkward looking tackle on Manu which probably wasn't a penalty.

I did have the eels ones in my head after the game but forgot to jot them down. will just try and put them in underneath my 3,2,1 in future..

Try and put them in the thread I started on this issue if you can. I am going to update the overall numbers this week. I think it is important to keep going with it whilst we are winning because it only reiterates the point.

OVP

Coach
Try and put them in the thread I started on this issue if you can. I am going to update the overall numbers this week. I think it is important to keep going with it whilst we are winning because it only reiterates the point.

I put my bit about Jared and the first penalty in your thread Val.

Latest posts