What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dollars Could Cost Dragons This Prop

Mattc

Juniors
He's running twice as hard this year. Why the difference between Ah Mau in 2017 & 2018? he's off contract this year. Good luck to him, but sounds like the club will only offer a maximum of 3 years when he might want 4.
I don’t agree.
Leeson was great for us last year as well. He was a bit off in 2016, but so was the whole team, and he was our player of the year in 2015. Lock him up

BennyV

Referee
It would be ideal to retain Leeson, but I think it's going to be really difficult. Desperate clubs like Newcastle will be wanting to pay him well for his services and Leeson, being 28, will want to secure his future.

I wouldn't blame him for moving on, and if he does, I sincerely hope people don't jump back on the Millward hate train. You can't keep them all.
If we replace him, there won’t be an issue.

mickeylane

Bench
I’m hoping loyalty plays a part and he stays but really have this feeling that the Knights will grab LAM.

I think if it happens Sims brother could b the target for replacement

BennyV

Referee
Agreed, but that's a problem. Whoever we sign to replace him, we can't really promise them a starting spot.. Which is what most props in the comp are looking for these days.
With Graham another year older, I’m not convinced we’d be strictly searching for a bench prop. In fact, we should be considering Ah Mau as a starter in the negotiations.