What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Bradman Cricket 14

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20, it's a solid game. I find it very fun and it can really absorb you. For instance, you'll be playing so well with the bat and then take a chance and you're out. You get all disjointed cause you knew it was a silly shot choice but you line up and try again, improve and the milestones are enjoyable.

I'd wait for the new version before buying it :)
What new version?

What's it going to be?

Don Bradman Cricket 2?

You've got me stumped lol.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hello R20.

Sorry for not elaborating. Yes, DB 2017 was pitched for release in November according to the forums but not 100% sure.
I had a go today at playing the game and I was terrible. It seems hard to play.

I was practicing in the nets on there and struggled to hit the ball.

Plus I thought it would have updated teams from say 2014 but it doesn't which was disappointing.

Did you make your own sides up with today's players????

Did you struggle at first with the game???

I've got the Rugby League game on order coming later this week too lol. I'm hoping that's a bit easier to pick up on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a brilliant game, gameplay-wise.

Yes, some decisions (predominantly LBW's) are inconsistent, but the game is awesome fun.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And not only is it fun, but it's rewarding.

I simply love the spin bowling and batting.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm getting better now.

Playing my first test match on second easiest difficulty.

Ran myself out 3 times and am 6/105 off 37 overs. Better than I thought for my first match.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's funny this game just as you think you're on top and have a 100 run partnership going, then all of a sudden you lose a few quick wickets to LBW or nicking off.

It requires a lot of concentration.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
finally sat down and played this yesterday, it's not bad but f**k it's a real slog sometimes. nothing more frustrating than running your partner out because he's just spent the best part of 3 overs hitting dots and 2 runs an over.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Played my first innings in career mode playing for the Blues and coming in batting at 4.

I made 7 off 25 balls before nicking one to the man close to the pitch. Got out by Agar.

Didn't think I'd make a run at all lol.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Scored 170 last night in career mode, highest score to date. :D

Think I've pretty much worked out the batting now, just have to remind myself you can't go for a 6 every ball (tho i did 5 in a row against some pacemen in the sheff shield).

I figured out a way to make the game not as boring when you're not on strike - play poker on your second monitor. :D

Iafeta

Referee
You can go for the Tonk approach. If they don't have a deep mid wicket or deep long on, slog away to cows corner off the quicks. You can get some big runs quickly. Spinners, I find it tough to time them though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Scored 170 last night in career mode, highest score to date. :D

Think I've pretty much worked out the batting now, just have to remind myself you can't go for a 6 every ball (tho i did 5 in a row against some pacemen in the sheff shield).

I figured out a way to make the game not as boring when you're not on strike - play poker on your second monitor. :D
I can only dream lol.

Highest score in sheff shield is 63.

I'm in my second year in career mode batting at 4 as a 17yr old:

Sheff Shield avg: 20 highest 63. 5 fifties.

ODD average: 28 highest 107

20/20 average: 29 highest 85

Better than I thought. I'm not the best but I'll keep persisting.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You can go for the Tonk approach. If they don't have a deep mid wicket or deep long on, slog away to cows corner off the quicks. You can get some big runs quickly. Spinners, I find it tough to time them though.
You have to pick the right ball to go for though.

I go for a slog and it turns out it's off a Yorker and I get out caught at mid on.

Not best to slog early in your innings either.

My strike rate in shield is 65 and in ODD about 95. In 20/20 it's like 215 strike rate lol.

Iafeta

Referee
First 5 or 6 balls aren't easy to slog. As long as you accurately gauge the pace of when to swing and as long as the field isn't back it's a good tactic to hit over mid on.