What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Bradman Cricket 17

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm with you guys.

I gave up on this game - batting is no fun at all.

Back to DBC14.
I've played 22 test innings for seven 50's with a best of 98.

My last test innings this arvo I made 79 off 173 balls against Bangladesh.

My test avg is 33.4.

Now starting the Ashes five test series.

In T20's I avg 47.2 with 9800 runs and at T20I avg is 23.3 with 10 fifties from 71 innings.

I'm struggling in ODI's only avg 17.8.

List A avg is 36.6.

First class avg is 46 with 28 centuries. 9900 runs.

In 9th year of career.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
had to play for a few hours and get my stats up before I could be anything but a plodder

seems like the difficulty is artificially increased when you "level up"? As in it should be easier for me once my "stats" show I'm twice as good as everyone else, surely? Was carving it up in Shield then went back to club cricket and got like 4 ducks in a row...was embarrassing!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Downloaded the demo on Steam last night
Turns out you need a controller to play. D'oh!

After reading reviews, I think i'll stick to my DBC14 on PS3. Love that game

Rabbits20

Immortal
Downloaded the demo on Steam last night
Turns out you need a controller to play. D'oh!

After reading reviews, I think i'll stick to my DBC14 on PS3. Love that game
I have DBC 14 on PS4 and also DBC 17 on PS4.

Wish I'd never bothered with the 17 version. What a waste of money. The game is just too hard to play. Batting is really really really hard.

I've played 8 career seasons on DB 14 and I'm loving it.

Arnold

Juniors
I have DBC 14 on PS4 and also DBC 17 on PS4.

Wish I'd never bothered with the 17 version. What a waste of money. The game is just too hard to play. Batting is really really really hard.

I've played 8 career seasons on DB 14 and I'm loving it.

Go back in the thread. I think I bought it and had it back the same weekend?

AJB1102

First Grade
I've decided to stick with DBC14 on the PS4. I started out a #5 bat who bowled and got bored of the bowling so started a new career as a standalone #3.

Tough is an understatement. I've racked up the odd good ton or so but not a fan of a new ball, and considering at least one of my openers is out within 3 overs I see way too much of it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I've decided to stick with DBC14 on the PS4. I started out a #5 bat who bowled and got bored of the bowling so started a new career as a standalone #3.

Tough is an understatement. I've racked up the odd good ton or so but not a fan of a new ball, and considering at least one of my openers is out within 3 overs I see way too much of it.
Persist with DB 14 mate. It takes practice. In my first 4 career seasons I struggled and averaged 30 in the shield.

Now into my 9th career season and average 45 point something with 29 100s.

In List A I avg 37.

I bat at no.4.

In T20's I average 47 point something.

I recently got picked for tests. I've played 31innings with 8 50's at an avg of just under 31.

In Odi's I only average 18.

In T20I I avg 23.

When you get to your 5th career season as a 20 or 21 year old is when your batsmen should really find his feet.

Rabbits20

Immortal
AJB don't bother with the 17 version. It's garbage and far too difficult too bat.
I avg 10 at club level. I won't play it again.