What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't be that guy at the gym who......

Ram Man

Juniors
Dont sit on the bench trying to look huge talking shit, then lift 1 set of 3 reps stop and continue to sit on the bench until you finish talking/flexing. Get the f___ off and let other people workout....probably the main reason why I stopped lifting...too many show pony roided out tough guys flexing in front of a mirror...

Who never do legs,
who think its ok to be all chest and arms and look like a jack hammer with pin legs,
who wear track suit pants during summer at the gym just so people don't see that they never do legs,
who do half assed squats,
who have a go under their breath at cardio enthusiasts yet these cardio enthusiasts have bigger leg muscles...

Thomas

First Grade
After just coming back from my gym, don't be one of those guys who turns into a trainer and who think they run the gym just to impress some piece of fluff who giggles all the time.

I stepped out of the squat rack after my first set and this guy moves my towel and starts deloading the bar. The girl actually pulled him up on it and said "this guy is still working out" and pointed to my dumbstruck face.

He said "Oh really? Are you still using this equipment?" while looking me up and down.

"Yep, sure am champ. Won't be long" and stepped past him. He just stood there fuming for 30 seconds or so.

Last week he grabbed a kettlebell out from between my legs (again, mid session). He must be one of those guys who thinks he's the alpha make. WELL SHANE, THERE'S ANOTHER WOLF IN THIS FOREST! AAAARRRROOOOOO!

Liddell

Juniors
Assumes anyone bigger than them is on the gear.

Spends longer looking for that song on their phone than training.

Not sure what gyms you guys go to but I have never been looked down upon whilst working out for not having festival muscles. Maybe I just dont notice. Just ignore it, put your earphones in and battle your mind. Everyone has to start somewhere.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Don't be that guy who is bigger/better looking than me.

Also, don't be that guy who has a great physique, make me watch them around the guy & make me wonder if I'm totes homo.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Dont sit on the bench trying to look huge talking shit, then lift 1 set of 3 reps stop and continue to sit on the bench until you finish talking/flexing. Get the f___ off and let other people workout....probably the main reason why I stopped lifting...too many show pony roided out tough guys flexing in front of a mirror...

lmao without the flexes (I swear) that could be me when I am lifting heavy. I take FOREVER. That said if someone wants to cut in I am cool with it.

Whats wrong with doing sets of 3 reps. Its a good rep range for strength training.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Who does bicep curls in a squat rack....
Who is doing squats in a squat rack followed by 2 min on the bike for 5 sets meanwhile people are waiting to use the squat rack.

65170_175099722630812_2140454976_n.jpg

Ram Man

Juniors
lmao without the flexes (I swear) that could be me when I am lifting heavy. I take FOREVER. That said if someone wants to cut in I am cool with it.

Whats wrong with doing sets of 3 reps. Its a good rep range for strength training.

I said 1 set of 3 reps...not multiple...what the f__k is 3 reps going to do...Its ok if you do 5 sets of 3 reps at maximum effort but 1...come one man...you are just taking the piss!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well it depends on what part of your cycle you are at. 5 sets is a good amount though in general.

Don't be the guy who goes into the gym without a plan I think is a good one. People who walk around aimlessly just doing something here or there is annoying.

shaggs

Coach
Just finished doing biceps curls in the squat rack.

Seriously

And I took up two racks at once for super setting incline bench and curls

I'm that guy. Haha

GuardDog

Juniors
So far the rare squat rack curler I have encountered have been understanding and listen to reason. I always let them know that there is nowhere else for me to squat safely so I will have to at least share the bench with him/them.Imediately after I offer a sugestion that curling can be done anywhere.
Dont be that guy that gels his hair knowing its training day wearing jeans.It screams w@nker.

shaggs

Coach
Starts to coach a young guy in the gym how to squat and/or dead lift without doing it properly yourself.

Latest posts