What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont Sign !

uuem

Juniors
Well things are getting pretty quiet on the forums so I thought that id ask you all if you were the CEO of a football team who wouldn't you sign and why .
The only rules are that they are a regular member of 1st grade with any NRL club 2003.

innsaneink

Referee
andrew gee
alan tongue
ben ikin
tony carroll

then hopefully during a game the ball will get passed from gee to benny then onto alan tongue who finally gives it to tony carroll to score and the commentary could go something like ...Gee Ikin Tongue Carroll :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
innsaneink said:
andrew gee
alan tongue
ben ikin
tony carroll

then hopefully during a game the ball will get passed from gee to benny then onto alan tongue who finally gives it to tony carroll to score and the commentary could go something like ...Gee Ikin Tongue Carroll :roll:

Les kiss woulda got a run too if he was still around

Andrew Gee
Craig Field
Tricky Trindall
Robbie Simpson
Wes Patten
Luke Davico
Luke Patten
Ben Kusto
Lupina Kafusi
John Hopoate
Danny Williams
Glenn Morrison
Nathan Wood
Terry Hill

uuem said:
Well things are getting pretty quiet on the forums so I thought that id ask you all if you were the CEO of a football team who wouldn't you sign and why .
The only rules are that they are a regular member of 1st grade with any NRL club 2003.

innsaneink

Referee
tiger pride said:
Anasta!!!

Whats wrong with Anasta???
I'd love him at the Tigers in the no. 6
I dunno why people dont like the guy...I think hes a very capable allround footballer and hes only 21...22 ??? very young still so I reckon he'd be hot property on the open market.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Mate, the guy is nothing special at all. You've been conditioned by Phil Gould and the other fools to believe that he is a magnificent player, when all he does is kick, and do f**k-all. f**k off, there's no way i would want him at the Tiges. He'd cost about as much as 5 of our players and produce f**k-all on the football field. Keep him at Canterbury!!

Sorry, but Anasta praising really gets on my tits, I've never seen such an overrated player!!

magpiemax

Juniors
uuem said:
gordon tallis
brad fittler
andrew johns
darren lockyer
anthony minichielo
craig gower
stacey jones
craig wing
mark gasnier
shaun timmins
willie mason
reason too expensive.

Gobbso

Juniors
tiger pride said:
Mate, the guy is nothing special at all. You've been conditioned by Phil Gould and the other fools to believe that he is a magnificent player, when all he does is kick, and do f**k-all. f**k off, there's no way i would want him at the Tiges. He'd cost about as much as 5 of our players and produce f**k-all on the football field. Keep him at Canterbury!!

Sorry, but Anasta praising really gets on my tits, I've never seen such an overrated player!!

Agree! Anasta is a show pony, who goes missing when the going gets tough! Sure he's got some skill and ability, just a shame he lacks a bit of ticker. Heck, i'd rather have Preston Campbell defending in my team at 5/8th....why? Well at least you can be guarnteed the bloke is going to commit himself to a tackle, while Anasta is more times than not the 2nd man in, or rarely is seen making a desparate tackle. So No thanks. If i was CEO, No Anasta at Wests!!! :twisted:

innsaneink

Referee
tiger pride said:

I think I said hes a capable allround player...never said anything about him being magnificent.I dont need to listen to Gould to form an opinion...I can do that myself...
It sounds like its you that has been conditioned (like many many others I hear)into bagging a player that made a kangaroo tour in his first season in top grade football, as well as bein a state rep too.
Stick with everyone else and have the same opinion tiger pride...I'll keep an eye out for your expert views in future

Trollhammaren

Juniors
innsaneink said:
tiger pride said:

I think I said hes a capable allround player...never said anything about him being magnificent.I dont need to listen to Gould to form an opinion...I can do that myself...
It sounds like its you that has been conditioned (like many many others I hear)into bagging a player that made a kangaroo tour in his first season in top grade football, as well as bein a state rep too.
Stick with everyone else and have the same opinion tiger pride...I'll keep an eye out for your expert views in future

No problems sweetheart. I've had this opinion since i first saw him play against us at Campbelltown in 2001 (i think). How on earth did he make origin this year at lock? There was Menzies and Morrison to choose from. I remember Phil Gould openly pleading with the selectors to pick him on that Kangaroo tour in 2001 in his SMH article. the large majority of people praise the player, and i do not and never have. I am not conforming to the general view at all, only recently since his consecutive overatted titles has Anasta bagging started to come up.
I will also add that i would not want the tiges to sign Daniel Wagon for obvious reasons

innsaneink

Referee
tiger pride said:
innsaneink said:
tiger pride said:

No problems sweetheart. I've had this opinion since i first saw him play against us at Campbelltown in 2001 (i think). How on earth did he make origin this year at lock? There was Menzies and Morrison to choose from. I remember Phil Gould openly pleading with the selectors to pick him on that Kangaroo tour in 2001 in his SMH article. the large majority of people praise the player, and i do not and never have. I am not conforming to the general view at all, only recently since his consecutive overatted titles has Anasta bagging started to come up.
I will also add that i would not want the tiges to sign Daniel Wagon for obvious reasons
Sounds to me like you got a problem with Gould more than Anasta...let it go buddy ...its after all only a game!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Yeah, you're right i do have a problem with Gould, although, i still really don't want the Tiges to sign Anasta, but hey, my opinion's as good (or bad) as anyone elses. Let's just hope the Tiges can go well in 2004... PLEASE!!!

Latest posts