What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double headers

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
just reading the Warriors are part of 2 double headers next season
Round 1 in Perth, and for some reason the NRL are putting on a double header at Mt Smart with the Tigers playing the Storm along with a warriors match m

Surely a better option for a double header in NZ would be in a city that doesn't see many games at all

playdaball

Bench
Round 1 in Perth, and for some reason the NRL are putting on a double header at Mt Smart with the Tigers playing the Storm along with a warriors match m

Surely a better option for a double header in NZ would be in a city that doesn't see many games at all

I wonder what size crowd the NRL thinks they'll get in Auckland? 20000 perhaps? Interesting that the didn't return to Eden Park.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah it's a mystery to me, would have thought Wellington or Christchurch would have drawn more punters in, not sure how big a draw card Storm v Tigers would be at Mt Smart

Juju

Juniors
Last Kiwis Vs Kangaroos / England Vs PNG double header got a huge crowd (45k off the top of my head) - was a disaster due to crowd behaviour though.

I have a feeling with the lack of the Nines a double header may sell out Mt Smart.

Iafeta

Referee

Agree. I'd get Souffs in on the deal too and pay them back by playing in Dunedin. I reckon Dunedin would get a great crowd too frankly.

Latest posts