What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#DoustOusted - Dragons CEO to step down

Generalzod

Immortal
His business acumen & coach selection nous died a long time ago.
Well master stroke at bringing Bennett at the Club and winning the premiership....Financially though St George are still paying the price for that signing.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Maybe wait for a replacement to be named before celebrating.

"After a highly successful stint as coach, Mary Mcgregor has been elevated to the top job in place of Doust, allowing Steven "Prodigal Son' Price to return as coach."

Can highly recommend Shane Richardson for the job. Has won premierships at two clubs (God only knows how..) Worked for the NRL to develop the Platinum League idea (which was promptly dumped not long after he was.)

A real professional with years of experience.

Robbie Farah can be thrown in as a bonus.

Life's Good

Coach
Well master stroke at bringing Bennett at the Club and winning the premiership....Financially though St George are still paying the price for that signing.
Bennett fell into our lap(he was close to either Roosters/Cowboys, can’t remember now)but Doust was an opportunist so he deserves the plaudits for that. He deserves a kick in the cods for a)not signing Bennett to the 5 year deal he wanted & b)signing & extended contracts for 2 dud coaches.

thorson1987

Coach
Bennett fell into our lap(he was close to either Roosters/Cowboys, can’t remember now)but Doust was an opportunist so he deserves the plaudits for that. He deserves a kick in the cods for a)not signing Bennett to the 5 year deal he wanted & b)signing & extended contracts for 2 dud coaches.

Iirc bennett was close to signing for both.

Cowboys fell through because Tallis was on the board and Roosters all but had him but it got leaked to the media so Bennett changed his mind.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

Life's Good

Coach
Iirc bennett was close to signing for both.

Cowboys fell through because Tallis was on the board and Roosters all but had him but it got leaked to the media so Bennett changed his mind.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.
That sounds right to me. Now I recall Bennett agreed in principle to join the Cowboys only to be told it would have to go before the board(with Tallis). Bennett thought that was off and walked away.

Generalzod

Immortal
Ok say that St George Illawarra does get privatised what happens to Kograh, does it not mean the Illawarra have full control of the joint venture..

Spot On

Coach
Bloke hung around for nearly 20 yrs. Not sure if that is something for Drags fans to celebrate.

Complaining and winging about something for that long, without any change seems pretty futile.

T.S Quint

Coach
I remember when we finally got rid of our long-standing CEO, Denis Fitzgerald.
We were all so happy. Parramatta fans dancing in the streets. A new dawn was upon us.

Then we hired Paul Osbourne.
Then Ken Edwards quit after less than a year.
Then it was Super Scotty Seward.

Moral of the story:
Probably best not to celebrate until you see who the replacement is.