What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Slow draft is the way to go because I don't like the chances of getting all 14 of us together at once. Because this is a dynasty league we don't want people starting off on the wrong foot if they can't make it.

My preference is for a slow auction draft, the other option is a snake draft like we do here on LU.

The slow auction draft is like other auctions, the only difference is it's slower (duh). Everything will run through the league site, everyone will be able to nominate players and the number of players nominated at any one time can be limited. The auction ends when a player hasn't been bid on for a predetermined amount of time (probably 24 hours). The player is added to your roster along with their salary and your salary cap is debited that amount.

The advantages of this type of draft are that it puts everyone on a level playing field straight away; if someone does go missing, it won't hold us up any like a snake draft, it will only hurt that person as they miss out on placing a bid; and the market gets to determine the price of players rather than coming up with arbitrary numbers to assign to each draft slot. So we can watch kurt spend 80% of his cap on Gurley and we can all have a giggle :p

Let us know what you think...

kurt faulk

Coach

36 players by 14 teams equals 504 players. if you're waiting 1 day for the auction bid to end we will be drafting for next years league. not sure what the best way is to go about a slow auction draft.

zombie jesus

Staff member

36 players by 14 teams equals 504 players. if you're waiting 1 day for the auction bid to end we will be drafting for next years league. not sure what the best way is to go about a slow auction draft.

We wouldn't go one player at a time. We can have an unlimited amount of auctions running simultaneously. I can cap the number so we don't have 100 auctions running at once but if we had a limit of 20 (?) it might be manageable, as one auction ends someone can nominate a new player.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i like the idea of a slow auction draft
I think that'd work pretty well if we had 20-30 auctions going at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.