What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom155

Coach
Quick question @zombie jesus - do Development Players contract years count to our 80 quota? I know the 1k doesnt count to the cap, so im thinking we are free to hand those DP players the full 5 year deals without it impacting the 80?
[4.1.4 Development Squad]
When a player is placed on the DS their salary and contract years are removed.

Players can be promoted from the DS to the active roster at any point; their salary will be determined by how many years they have spent on the DS.

A DS players salary is determined by the following scale:
First year = 10% of the positions transition tag
Second year = 15% of the positions transition tag
Third year = 20% of the positions transition tag
And so on.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/league-rules-guidelines.456327/

kurt faulk

Coach

can a player picked up during the season be placed on the development squad?

Also, can we wait til the end of the draft to name the players heading towards the development squad?

Last edited:

nick87

Coach

Also, can we wait til the end of the draft to name the players heading towards the development squad?

1. You can, so long as they fit the criteria, that being they are a rookie and you get them for the 1k minimum
2. I dont see why not so long as you've got the money, i want Cooper moved to my DS asap because the 1k ive spent on him i need to help fill out the final 2 spots i have

zombie jesus

Staff member
Quick question @zombie jesus - do Development Players contract years count to our 80 quota? I know the 1k doesnt count to the cap, so im thinking we are free to hand those DP players the full 5 year deals without it impacting the 80?

DS players fall outside of the salary and contract cap until they're promoted.

just a quick question. if we pick up someone in preseason can they be locked in for more than 1 season?

plus another, if we drop someone this preseason will their contract count towards the cap? seeing this is our 1st attempt and we're still feeling our way.

In the preseason, yes.

If you drop someone while the draft is running or before/while we are in the process of assigning years, you will be liable for a full one-year guaranteed amount. After that point, it's the standard cap hit of bonus*years on this year's salary cap. I will let everyone know when the transition happens. Assume it's 1-year guaranteed until you hear otherwise.

zombie jesus

Staff member

No, DS designations happen in the preseason only.
It's a bit tricky this year because we don't have a rookie draft.

DS designations will have to be in around the same time we start assigning years.

Mjp81

Juniors
Will players positions change from year to year? For example Su'a Cravens is listed as a LB but may end up playing safety. Also Emmanuel Ogbah is down as a LB but everywhere I can see he is classified as a DE. I'd be surprised if they did change once we start.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Will players positions change from year to year? For example Su'a Cravens is listed as a LB but may end up playing safety. Also Emmanuel Ogbah is down as a LB but everywhere I can see he is classified as a DE. I'd be surprised if they did change once we start.

From the league site:

We use Rotoworld.com as our official source for all player positions. While we have full confidence in their classification of players, some players (especially defensive players) play at multiple positions, making classification more difficult.

We synchronize our player positions to match the Rotoworld.com Depth Charts during the preseason on a monthly basis. Then after the season starts, we generally don't make site-wide position changes, so it is up to your league commissioner to decide how to handle position changes after the season starts.

On the last part, we won't be making any manual changes.

Mjp81

Juniors
Cheers ZJ. Getting really pumped about the NFL these days. In terms of fantasy and punting it shits all over the NRL / AFL.

zombie jesus

Staff member
If anyone is done bidding and waiting on the next step just say so in this thread so we can keep track.

I'm going to up the auction limit from 20 to 25 this afternoon to get us moving along a bit quicker.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Seems some people have found the taxi squad functionality, good stuff.

For those who don't know, you can get there via the top menu
Owners > Taxi Squad

You can demote two rookies on a contract of $1000 or less. These players become your Development Squad, their salary will get deleted and they can be promoted at any time at the designated rate as explained in the rules.

zombie jesus

Staff member
A reminder for everyone as we're nearing the end.

The roster limit is 34 + 2 Development Squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.