What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon juniors

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Anybody see the Aussie v kiwis junior test noticed Robson had a double , field also scored how did they actually play thanks

Drakon

Juniors
Saw the 2nd half. Missed Robson's 2 tries in the first half. He played well in the second half.

Field scored a short scorching try after the break. Lawrie played solidly after he came back on.

Patty Herbert was the stand out. Played well and kicked goals well. Marsters was good too.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Saw the 2nd half. Missed Robson's 2 tries in the first half. He played well in the second half.

Field scored a short scorching try after the break. Lawrie played solidly after he came back on.

Patty Herbert was the stand out. Played well and kicked goals well. Masters was good too.

Well said.
Patty Herbert is next in line for nrl.
He been playing well all year

emu62

Juniors
whilst on the subject of juniors, just wondering if anyone has any info on these 2 players. Blair Grant (ILL) leading try scorer in SG Ball- 13 tries & Shondre Lee Silva (StG) equel 2nd with 11 tries, A huge effort in a team that only won 2 games? much appreciated

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Herbert is a sensational young player. He and Blake Lawrie are probably the closest to First grade of all our juniors. I can see Herbert coming onto the wing for us in future seasons. Safe under the high ball, solid in defence and has a lot of speed.

Robson is a hell of a player too. Great service out of dummy half and he has a great footy brain, you can tell that he is always sniffing out different options and spotting weaknesses in the defensive line.

Field was solid but wasn't involved too much apart from the point scoring plays he was involved in. He needs a dominant half alongside him to be effective, he's definitely a running 5/8.
I think when he puts some bulk on his frame he will be more suited to fullback than 5/8. He's much better off in that roaming type role and he's lethal in broken play, he's definitely not a structured and clinical style player.

Marsters excites me, at 17 years old he is already making waves. Pace, footwork and strength, ball-playing ability, safe at the back. He's one to watch.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Speed speed speed.Seems like we have truck loads of it, now all we need is someone with the vision and foresight ,to polish these future stars and take them to the big boys league wish we had somebody like that.

BennyV

Referee
Herbert needs some game time this year, should come in on the wing while Dugan is out.

Reactions: Qdf

barry

Juniors
From the latest article about Dugans contract situation i think the writings on the wall that Dugans leaving and the plan is that Field will play fullback from 2018

emu62

Juniors
IMO young Marsters is not as far off first grade as many people think. Millward has huge wraps on this kid & keeps saying this kid has got it all

possm

Coach
IMO young Marsters is not as far off first grade as many people think. Millward has huge wraps on this kid & keeps saying this kid has got it all
Yes and this is the type of thinking Millward's judgement. Masters is only 17 and has not been tested in reserve grade let alone first grade.

The Doc

Juniors
If that is the case, we should play Field while Dugan is injured.
I cant see the logic in that possm.
The kid is playing 5/8.... why would you throw him in first grade?
You wouldnt put him at FB without any games in reserves in that position...
And theres no logic blooding him on the wing when young Herbert (by all reports) deserves a shot.
Either play him at 5/8 in first grade or if the plan is FB then play him in that position in reserves against men and let him get accustomed to the position.
I personally am against blooding a 5/8 or fullback on the wing when there are kids in that position ready to go.
When the time is right play the kid in his destined position.

possm

Coach
I cant see the logic in that possm.
The kid is playing 5/8.... why would you throw him in first grade?
You wouldnt put him at FB without any games in reserves in that position...
And theres no logic blooding him on the wing when young Herbert (by all reports) deserves a shot.
Either play him at 5/8 in first grade or if the plan is FB then play him in that position in reserves against men and let him get accustomed to the position.
I personally am against blooding a 5/8 or fullback on the wing when there are kids in that position ready to go.
When the time is right play the kid in his destined position.
My reason for saying Field should be selected at fullback are:
Millward has Field as the fullback for 2018.
Millward signed Widdop at five-eighth on a four year deal.
Millward signed Hunt at halfback on a 5-6 year deal.
Mann is being selected at 6 in place of Widdop.
Dugan's fullback position is vacant because of injury.

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Last edited:

The Doc

Juniors
I understand what your saying... but field has had absolutely no experience against men at FB.
Play him the remainder of the year as NSW cup FB.
If he is seen as the future FB and not Dufty, then give Field a run as FB in reserve grade.
Its career suicide to throw Field in to FB now with no experience.

possm

Coach
The problem is that a backup fullback for first grade was not put in place for this year because it was believed that Dufty and Field could fill that space.

We now have a need for a replacement fullback and so if Field is fit, it should be he who fills the bill. Nighty at fullback is not the way to go; weakening one position to fill another. If Field is making a mess of things, then swap Field and Nighty.

Carlton

Juniors
The problem is that a backup fullback for first grade was not put in place for this year because it was believed that Dufty and Field could fill that space.

What a risk, play a small inexperienced player in one of the toughest positions.
We now have a need for a replacement fullback and so if Field is fit, it should be he who fills the bill. Nighty at fullback is not the way to go; weakening one position to fill another. If Field is making a mess of things, then swap Field and Nighty.

Have you seen Field play fullback?

In any grade?

Have you seen Field play much first grade?

possm

Coach
Have you seen Field play fullback?

In any grade?

Have you seen Field play much first grade?
I'm the last person you should ask to justify Millward's decisions. Millward has stated he wants Field for fullback in 2018. Dufty, like Mann and Milne do not get a mention in Millward's future plans.