What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Supporters Reject Board Plan for 2017

since77

Juniors
Good. All of you that are not renewing your membership disappear.

Everyone is entitled to their say but draw the line and get on with life.

Decision made by the club. Maybe I'm not totally satisfied with it but I'm going to live with it.

Now for me the focus is on supporting my club and the players for another year without the griping.

You're part of the problem. The club knows there are many feel-good supporters like you out there happy to limply hide behind empty platitudes like "supporting the team" instead of caring about the team's future. Most of this kind of person was likely last spotted late 2010.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
By all means, don't renew your membership, but this stubborn mob don't seem to care.
The timing, once again, will be all wrong. By the time we give Mary our usual "6 weeks to prove himself" next year, Cleary will be snapped up by another club. Don't be supprised if manly or the dogs go after Cleary.
So they have the smarts to make the coaching announcement on the same night of the daily m's but not to realise that again we have chosen Mary over an experienced first grade coach?
Someone else mentioned this, but I too am starting to believe that there must be some other agenda here to purposely run the club into the ground.
No management, not even a bunch of kids managing a maccas restaurant, would make the same stupid mistake 3 times.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So Benji and Rein are the scape goats. Who selected them every week again?

Anyway us supporters being angry with the coach is in some way supporting the players because we know that with him their they will not live their dreams of making a final, be forced to play terrible, lose confidence, be made scapegoats if all goes wrong, not be supported when the ref screws them over as that has happened so many times, throw them under the bus when it goes wrong and then leave the club due to poor management. Not being a true fan of the club is being supporting of this poor decision which will further ridicule and damage the clubs reputation.

Sorry but I am no supporter of the Bears or Newtown and don't want to go through what they did and have no club to support in the NRL. They way the club is heading we may be joining them soon or have a club in the NRL that will just be coming last and breeding players for the big clubs. What is the joy in that?

possm

Coach
It seems to me that unhappy supporters are the only chance of championing change of our Club's direction. Unless changes are made after the take-over or the NRL steps in and takes control.

I believe the NRL have a responsiblility to do something to save our famous Club from its downward spiral mainly because it encouraged and facilitated the merger.

Carlton

Juniors
It seems to me that unhappy supporters are the only chance of championing change of our Club's direction. Unless changes are made after the take-over or the NRL steps in and takes control.

I believe the NRL have a responsiblility to do something to save our famous Club from its downward spiral mainly because it encouraged and facilitated the merger.
Maybe the NRL are already involved with what's happening?

It may be they don't want to save St George at Kogarah. Look at the leniency some clubs get Storm, Bulldogs, Parramatta over cap, Sharks, Titans drugs, Broncos undervaluing players. St George good rugby league citizen yet seem to continually get the short straw.

The connection between St George and Kogarah is being severed and as many people have said St George have a large geographically spread fan base. Bring in one of the new areas, like Perth, and use the St George "brand" there.

I'm not saying this is definitely what will happen, I'm throwing it out there as a possibility.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Good. All of you that are not renewing your membership disappear.

Everyone is entitled to their say but draw the line and get on with life.

Decision made by the club. Maybe I'm not totally satisfied with it but I'm going to live with it.

Now for me the focus is on supporting my club and the players for another year without the griping.

While you're sitting there lecturing people about what they should do ,it will be the club disappearing not the supporters.
You may not have a club to arrogantly support.

Pjsaint

Juniors
You're part of the problem. The club knows there are many feel-good supporters like you out there happy to limply hide behind empty platitudes like "supporting the team" instead of caring about the team's future. Most of this kind of person was likely last spotted late 2010.
Can someone inform me is the clubs committee or football club committee

possm

Coach
Maybe if a delegation of Red V members were to arrange an appointment with Gordon, a change in direction may occur.

Carlton

Juniors
Maybe if a delegation of Red V members were to arrange an appointment with Gordon, a change in direction may occur.[/QUO
Possm, I suspect that Bruce Gordon has been influencing these decisions for a long time. I believe he is intimately involved with how things are moving.

The trip to Bermuda could be fun though.

pfrano

Juniors
Ho yes. All this griping by the keyboard warriors has led to big changes at the club.

Sorry you are correct. There was an independent review. Happy with that.

You mock me in different ways, but all you are doing is feeding off each other's whinging typed words.

I think we are all in the same life raft but nobody has any oars. There is a lot of splash but it really does not wet the ship.

I'm just sick of the ridicule and frustration and yes, happy to bend over for another year. I just believe there are better things in my life than waste energy and grey power whinging and whining.

jak

Bench
I wonder if doust has thought about making Mcgregor captain /coach/halfback that fixes all our problems and save money to.

OLD FART DRAGON

Juniors
I also won't renew and my family of 6 won't be going to any more games,after 65 years as a supporter ,this retention of Mary stinks

Old Timer

Coach
Ho yes. All this griping by the keyboard warriors has led to big changes at the club.

Sorry you are correct. There was an independent review. Happy with that.

You mock me in different ways, but all you are doing is feeding off each other's whinging typed words.

I think we are all in the same life raft but nobody has any oars. There is a lot of splash but it really does not wet the ship.

I'm just sick of the ridicule and frustration and yes, happy to bend over for another year. I just believe there are better things in my life than waste energy and grey power whinging and whining.
Sounds to me like you are doing plenty of griping, whinging and whining but have mistakenly directed it at those who air their concerns rather than those that create the concerns and despair felt by the fan base.
People pleasers are the very root of the problem because they do not force worthwhile change but selfishly enjoy the outcome of the change after others have done the hard work.
By the way if you think that your compliant attitude means it's ok to bend over this once think again, as you may very well only bend over once, but you will never stand straight again and you will be forever porked.

pfrano

Juniors
But you're happy to waste energy whinging about the whinging? We've got another MENSA candidate here

You are correct. Exchanging my thoughts with you guys has really got me to the bottom of the barrel.

Miller, keep your dignity and don't get involved in the silliness. Good luck on Sunday, I'll be there cheering for your team.

Dragonscales

Juniors
The people making the big decisions at the club are all good friends with each other. It's an old boys union. You really think they'll let each other lose their power and jobs?

Latest posts