What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Supporters Reject Board Plan for 2017

thebigredv

First Grade
I'd like to do a membership count watch. Anyone know how many members we had last year for comparison's sake? If this forum is anything to go by we will be way down on previous years.

Pjsaint

Juniors
I'd like to do a membership count watch. Anyone know how many members we had last year for comparison's sake? If this forum is anything to go by we will be way down on previous years.
Just reading some old posts on this subject can't see how benji and raine are scapegoats they were offered contracts and rejected them.more like bad advice on there worth from their managers both still haven't teams for next year all I can say is greedy benji hasn't got the speed anymore there were plenty of games for him to standup and he didn't, Mitch wanted to be paid like a rep player without being an established one 2 country origin games not good enough

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
It's a tricky situation fellas, if we abandon the club in protest the nrl may also abandon the club. We should be hammering the nrl for change, they must be able to see we are the laughing stock of the league and that this is not good for the sport. They have a salary cap to level the playing field (not make it 98M long) but the leading teams (with real coaches) are way ahead of us. They may even get their millions back if they force some change at the dragons management level through supporters returning to the games.

Red V for life

Juniors
I was listening to Girds and co on Triple M last night as I was driving home and the topic was how the Sharks have changed their fortunes in the last 18 months to come from ruin to potential premiership glory.

The view of the boys was the NRL support and the new board is why the Sharks have turned it around. They went on to say the trick now is to maintain and not collapse in the years post grand final.

I couldn't help but think of the Dragons with where we are now and how we got here.

Looking at the loans we've received from the NRL, we've received some financial support. Fair to say we all agree the Board needs to go if not for their failings in every conceivable department post 2010 glory, then simply for the injection of fresh ideas and a new direction.

Will it happen? Not likely, but if the brains trust at Triple M can figure it out, i guess I still have a flicker of hope.

since77

Juniors
I was listening to Girds and co on Triple M last night as I was driving home and the topic was how the Sharks have changed their fortunes in the last 18 months to come from ruin to potential premiership glory.

The view of the boys was the NRL support and the new board is why the Sharks have turned it around. They went on to say the trick now is to maintain and not collapse in the years post grand final.

I couldn't help but think of the Dragons with where we are now and how we got here.

Looking at the loans we've received from the NRL, we've received some financial support. Fair to say we all agree the Board needs to go if not for their failings in every conceivable department post 2010 glory, then simply for the injection of fresh ideas and a new direction.

Will it happen? Not likely, but if the brains trust at Triple M can figure it out, i guess I still have a flicker of hope.

You can't turn things around without getting rid of the clowns who got us here in the first place. They're the problem - McGregor is just a by product of their inept, self aggrandising mismanagement.

Pjsaint

Juniors
You can't turn things around without getting rid of the clowns who got us here in the first place. They're the problem - McGregor is just a by product of their inept, self aggrandising mismanagement.
Maybe a silent takeover we should all become members and turn up at the agm and vote them out just an idea

BrissyRedV

Bench
2016- 17654
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/27092-2016-nrl-club-membership-tracker/
2013- 19747
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/03/06/nrl_club_membership_race.html
So a drop of 9% over 3 years. This is terrible considering we are the only club to be in decline with reference to membership numbers.

Pjsaint

Juniors
We'll be lucky to get 10,000 next season.
We all seem to know the problem it's been well talked about,but it's now time to be part of the solution we need ideas of how to get our club sorted or pathways to make our concerns heard

Exsilium

First Grade
Doust and the board haven't answered anything. A simple review used to deflect blame and protect their positions is typical of a failing and/or underperforming NRL club nowadays.

It used to be a case of sack the coach for underperforming, initiate change and appease the fan base for another few seasons but they've tried that and its failed. Then they've tried to deflect blame and say it's everything but their decision making processes or their management.

They must think the die hard fan only turns up on game day and doesn't follow the administrative side of the game if they think for one second that you, the fans and the greater RL community can't see the bullshit being paraded here. The performances they reviewed are based on their decisions at board level. The fact they couldn't decide to sack anyone or identify fault and actually concede they f**ked up just shows they are arrogant and self interested individuals.

That board, those old heads are a cancer and unfortunately they're protected by the ridiculous system in place for JV clubs.

Bunch of f**king merkins that lot.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
The only real way to make a change is to simply vote with your feet.
My small construction company will not be tipping in our usuall 30k a year into corporate seating... not a big difference to the clubs bottom line, but if we all hold off the presure eventually will tell.
The NRL will surely have to then step in as in my opinion, they can't afford to lose the Dragons.

Reactions: Qdf

getsmarty

Immortal
The only real way to make a change is to simply vote with your feet.
My small construction company will not be tipping in our usuall 30k a year into corporate seating... not a big difference to the clubs bottom line, but if we all hold off the presure eventually will tell.
The NRL will surely have to then step in as in my opinion, they can't afford to lose the Dragons.

It's really a shame that it has come to this but if the board members are going to be so stiff necked then we need to vote with our feet and wallets.

Reactions: Qdf

thebigredv

First Grade
We all seem to know the problem it's been well talked about,but it's now time to be part of the solution we need ideas of how to get our club sorted or pathways to make our concerns heard

Take your money away from them because they don't care about our opinions, emotions or concerns.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Members have as many rights as non members. The best way to get a better product is to not buy it. Stop supporting the mob that are in charge and the tripe they sell and they will have to change.

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Juniors
We now don't even have a high performance medical team...Tony Ayoub and his staff quit the club mid contract because they didn't like the way things were being handled by McGregor and the club. So we are literally starting from the bottom up...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You are correct. Exchanging my thoughts with you guys has really got me to the bottom of the barrel.

Miller, keep your dignity and don't get involved in the silliness. Good luck on Sunday, I'll be there cheering for your team.

Another club plant.

Beat it.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
What do you guys think the JV is worth, say 12 million? Okay maybe 8 million?
Point is, if we owe the NRL 6 million, in theory that means they are own a part of us? Or at the very least have the right to have 1-2 board members sitting in? It's what they did with the tigers and knights. Could you imagine if the nrl even had 1 board member, that's all it may take to untangle this strangle hold these dinosaurs have on the club.
This is the angle we fans need to approach the nrl with. Don't waste your time sending memos to the club. Start sending your emails to the NRL.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
What do you guys think the JV is worth, say 12 million? Okay maybe 8 million?
Point is, if we owe the NRL 6 million, in theory that means they are own a part of us? Or at the very least have the right to have 1-2 board members sitting in? It's what they did with the tigers and knights. Could you imagine if the nrl even had 1 board member, that's all it may take to untangle this strangle hold these dinosaurs have on the club.
This is the angle we fans need to approach the nrl with. Don't waste your time sending memos to the club. Start sending your emails to the NRL.
Agree, go for the real fix. The nil need to be bombarded.

gkheir

Juniors
Agree with all on here. Hold back funding thus basket case of an administration. Time they starting listening and make real changes

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Im more than capable of squandering my cash on things I get enjoyment out of.

No way these arseholes are getting another cent of mine to squander on despair inducing bullshit.

Latest posts