What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2003 season in review

Benny

First Grade
Good report Willow

Only thing that i could find wrong is that Nathan Tutt has gone to Manly mate, though knowing you it was more than likely wrote before he signed or it was announce

Top Effort!

Anonymous

Juniors
Thanks Benny.
Here;'s what it says:
----------------------------------------------
Players who will not play for the Dragons in 2004:
John Cross (retiring; 2004 Steelers Jersey Flegg coach), Craig Stapleton (Parramatta), Amos Roberts (Penrith); Chris Leikvoll (England), John Wilshere (England), Chris Nero (England); Ryan Tandy (released to Souths during the season), Wise Kativerata (released to Souths during the season), Dean Byrne (Souths), Ian Donnelly (Manly); Nathan Tutt and Hassan Saleh.
------------------------------------------------

I actually do have Tutt leaving but didnt know for sure which club. There was a lot of stuff to sift through.
Where's Saleh going?
And can anyone confirm which clubs Leikvoll, Wishere and Nero are joining in the UK?

Cheers.

Acka

Coach
Willow,
Chris Leikvoll is going to Warrington and I know Chris Nero's management have been talking to Bradford

Anonymous

Juniors
Thanks Acka
emthup.gif

Acka

Coach
On Saints season in 2003 I think Saints went pretty good to finish just 1 win outside the top 8 with all the players we had missing for big chunks of the season and also Nathan Brown had the opportunity to blood a couple of youngsters in which I think will become superstars of the game in Ashton Sims and Ben Creagh.

Acka said:
On Saints season in 2003 I think Saints went pretty good to finish just 1 win outside the top 8 with all the players we had missing for big chunks of the season and also Nathan Brown had the opportunity to blood a couple of youngsters in which I think will become superstars of the game in Ashton Sims and Ben Creagh.

Yeah it was good to see Ashton Sims and Ben Creagh play. They are both very good players. But i still think the Dragons still could of done better then wat they did. But its all over now. just hope there isnt as many injuries next year.

Anonymous

Juniors
It wasnt that long ago that we didnt know about Mark Riddell or Jason Ryles. IMO, Ashton Sims and Ben Creagh are stars in the making.

I don't think we lost too many good players... in 2001, we lost loads of experience with the departure of Jamie Ainscough, Wayne Bartrim, Colin Ward, Nathan Brown, Craig Smith etc.

Next year we'll be without players like Nathan Tutt, Dean Byrne and Craig Stapleton. Personally I'm not happy about losing those players but its not the end of the world.

The obvious key for next year is keeping the same team on the paddock... especially the half combination of Firman and Barrett. I can't help but feel that if those guys get the play the whole season together, we'll be hard to beat.

izzo

Juniors
If Riddel gets fitter , Thompson n Bailey need to keep running the Ball up.

Blacklock keeps scoring tries.

Gasnier and Barret return and play blinders

we will be seeing the Mighty Saint cruizen for a top 4 spot.

Biglance

Bench
thanx izzo maybe u should be a little more concerned wif souths but i still agree wif u.

who the hell wants a peccy!

izzo

Juniors
Biglance said:
thanx izzo maybe u should be a little more concerned wif souths but i still agree wif u.

who the hell wants a peccy!

dont worry about Souths , theyll start putting some wins together , all teams need to stay the same for a few years to get use to the players and such like all clubs do.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
With shit like Terry Hill and Adam MacDougall being signed well after their prime i believe souths will have problems until they restructure the whole admin and coaching.

izzo

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
With sh*t like Terry Hill and Adam MacDougall being signed well after their prime i believe souths will have problems until they restructure the whole admin and coaching.

hehe Im looking forward to the Charity Shield :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Actually I thought Terry Hill had a great season in 2003. But whether or not he can go around for one more year remains to be seen.

Yeh i reckon Firman and Barrett will get a good combination going. If so it looks like a pretty good team.

But on the souths topic, I think Souths mite go alrite next season. But thats just my opinion. And i agree with Willow, Terry Hill had a good season, but i dont know if he can keep it up.

Yeh i reckon Firman and Barrett will get a good combination going. If so it looks like a pretty good team.

But on the souths topic, I think Souths mite go alrite next season. But thats just my opinion. And i agree with Willow, Terry Hill had a good season, but i dont know if he can keep it up.

Latest posts