What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 20's vs Panthers

I hope they consider keeping Sheppard, TJ Uele, Mason, Ford and Angel all five guys have done a good job in the engine room.

Jackson Ford is the real smokey to me i didn't know much about the guy but he has really impressed me.

Dragsters

First Grade
Great news
Plenty of speed and a good finisher.
Also a good kid

Congrats to Gillard. I haven't seen much of him but what I have I've liked.

I think TJ Uele has loads of grunt and potential for the future.

I also think Lomax could be anything as many in here seem to do...

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Gillard is one of the quickest in the club.
In sprints he up the with dufty
Not as quick as field but not that far off.
In first grade dufty is the quickest in the backs then widdop
And frizz and simms are up there in the forwards .

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Agree re lomax he is the next great centre for the dragons.
I would be very surprised if he doesn't make it.
Also think sailor will as well.
He is a full back but is doing a great job at 5/8.
He need to get stronger if he is going to make it.
Re TJ Uele.
Runs hard and is surprisingly quick for 115kg but needs to be able to play longer minutes.
Herbert is quick to.
I think he can make it as well.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Not sure if you realise alot of players are smug pricks case in point Cam Smith the biggest smug wanker to have ever play the game yet considered a champion.

I can tell you Willis is highly respected by his team mates.
Yes a lot of these young stars have giant egos sometimes helps them to excel over the shy quiet types ala Wendell etc .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Looks like our U20's will be facing Manly for a spot in the GF.

Manly are leading the Sharks 38-12 with about 10 mins to go.
Interestingly the young Sharks lost 4 games all year and finished on top with +474 for/against, yet will bow out of the finals in straight sets

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Interestingly the young Sharks lost 4 games all year and finished on top with +474 for/against, yet will bow out of the finals in straight sets

Final score in that game 42-22.

So, we play Manly for a place in the GF. We have beaten them twice already this year, but finals bring a whole new ball game.

dragon-83

Juniors
Hopefully the 20s boys don't go in to the game underestimateing manly otherwise they will get beat.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Good sharks smashed our boys both times.
We need to win tomorrow then take on manly

Sailor has played every position in the back line over the past 2 years.

In reality the club coaching staff have not decided what his position will be going forward. Millward confirmed this in an interview earlier this year.

He has the vision of a spine player, is fast, and elusive. He has a good passing game and his short kicking is very good.

Needs to develop physically to play FG.

We have Field/Sailor/Marsters/Lomax/Herbert/Garrick/Johns all competing for FG spots within the next 2 years.

Inevitably they will not all make it to FG. Some big retention decisions coming up next year.

TomRedVRiver

Bench

Sailor has played every position in the back line over the past 2 years.

In reality the club coaching staff have not decided what his position will be going forward. Millward confirmed this in an interview earlier this year.

He has the vision of a spine player, is fast, and elusive. He has a good passing game and his short kicking is very good.

Needs to develop physically to play FG.

We have Field/Sailor/Marsters/Lomax/Herbert/Garrick/Johns all competing for FG spots within the next 2 years.

Inevitably they will not all make it to FG. Some big retention decisions coming up next year.

Good post. Of the names you mentioned, the only players I can see making it in our squad from that cohort are Sailor, Marsters, Lomax and Johns.
The halves are locked up for the next 4 years so I think Field will struggle to cement starting spot unless there is an injury. I also think that his game will ultimately be better suited to fullback, and there's no way he's pushing Dufty out of that position at the moment. The sort of player he is/could be, I would say another club will pick him up when his contract expires.
Sailor will find his way into the team somewhere, he's such a good player.
Same story with Lomax, that kid is a future star. If we can keep him locked in, he's a 10 year centre for sure.

Garrick hasn't impressed me at all. He's solid but he's just not that quick.
Herbert will be a little bit unlucky I feel. Good player, but Lomax will just be too good and with Lafai/Aitken re-signing for 3 years I can't see him breaking into FG unless there is an injury.

I also think the club will be signing a winger over the next few months. They're starting to realise that Garrick isn't quite getting there and Nighty is on his last legs.

I don't know where the club is going to sign a winger so far I haven't seen any evidence other then a view rumours and they are very vague at best.

If anything it will probably be a guy from the ISP, Q Cup or some guy no one has even heard of from the UK.

Garrick is developing just fine thats why Millward retained him the same as quite a few other players including Gillard another player that can be a good first grader.

Lomax and Marsters probably won't play first grade next year both are very young and need to play against older players the same as Sailor.

At least Garrick, Johns, Herbert, Field and Dufty have had that oppurtunity to do so in either the ISP or first grade at present.

Herbert has shown he can handle playing up in a higher grade and he certainly looked alot better then Milne who I am not fussed they let him move on.

draco

Juniors
Jackson Ford is the real smokey to me i didn't know much about the guy but he has really impressed me.
Jackson Ford has impressed me also for his work rate and is quite quick.

I am sure it was Ford who ran down Ethan Roberts from the Titans when Dragons last played them.

Drag Queen

Bench
Quiet doesn't necessarily mean shy. Can just mean no BS. Plenty of good exaMPLES.
Damn straight. Friz isn't a showman and just gets the job done. If any of you think Dufty is our solution for FB, look at the ISP against the Dog's team. Abysmal, and you really think this is the way forward. Rag-dolled to the sidelines by a reserve grade Dog's team. SMH.

Latest posts