What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Announce Home Venues for 2018

T-Boon

Coach
The Dragons game day people should see if they can get the Chinese Dancing Dragon from Melbourne up to Kogarah. Apparently it is the biggest chinese dancing dragon in the world. It would probably attract a few thousand chinese fans to their games.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
i think this is great news. Attendance average figures at the suburban grounds should be taken with a grain of salt as they are generally played against out of town teams. hopefully supporters and members get behind this and we see a lift in game attendance... I'd rather 16k at Kogs or the Gong than 24k at Homebush any day of the week.

Does anyone remember what crowd numbers were for Jubilee Oval back in the late 1970's ?

I'll stand corrected but l'd swear l was at a game there where we had something around the 20 thousand...... or am l dreaming in my old age?

Keep in mind the ground configuration was different ( a lot more standing up )

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Does anyone remember what crowd numbers were for Jubilee Oval back in the late 1970's ?

I'll stand corrected but l'd swear l was at a game there where we had something around the 20 thousand...... or am l dreaming in my old age?

OKB
You are probably thinking for a game
In 1975 st george v souths
That was before the new configuration.
2009 dragons v sharks had 20,847
Capacity is now 20,505

Wollongong
2005 dragons v sharks 19,608
Now hold 19500
Hope that helps

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
OKB
You are probably thinking for a game
In 1975 st george v souths
That was before the new configuration.
2009 dragons v sharks had 20,847
Capacity is now 20,505

Wollongong
2005 dragons v sharks 19,608
Now hold 19500
Hope that helps

To be honest 'DA61'..... l had a sneaking suspicion that is was around 22k that you mention but l thought l was getting overexcited so l kept it at 20k.
Cheers mate.

Frank Facer

First Grade

I don't know about the 70's, but I recall a game against Parra in the mid 1980's on Anzac day, where the crowd figure was around 23 000 plus. I remember seeing people sitting on top of the toilet block.