What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons are Innovators!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I always enjoy Roy Masters articles, he is a brilliant journalist and has such a incredible knowledge of the game. I think it's brilliant that the Dragons halves are playing together like the good old days and none of this left or right side shit.
Perhaps this innovation can extend with our centres to link both sides of the field inside and outside....Shades of Coops and Gaz at various times!

Gareth67

First Grade
Always knew that Albert was more then a pretty face . Still as so many have said this combination of Widdop and Hunt can and will get better with each game . The difference between Hunt and McCrone can be counted in light years . What he brings to the table is not only genuine halves experience , but also that unpredictability that keeps the defence 2nd guessing itself and those beautiful ( no other word to describe it ) kicks of his .

The one on Thursday night for Fizzell try had been practised for a number of weeks , according to my most reliable sources. However it is good to see something different in our attack , regardless of whom is behind it , this will be one of the closest competitions for many years so any leeway available must be taken advantage of by the Dragons .

Last edited:

tevoro

First Grade
The one on Thursday night for Fizzell try had been practised for a number of weeks , according to my most reliable sources. However it is good to see something different in our attack , regardless of whom is behind it , this will be one of the closest competitions for many years so any leeway must be taken advantage of .

You mean this kick has been practised for a number of weeks? :eek::eek:

1c5c012af9abbcf3ecbad6ac3f883c0f

Gareth67

First Grade
IMG_1440.JPG
tevoro , yes buddy it was indeed practiced, above is Hunt when he was a young whippersnapper . As you can see the similarities between Thursday evening's kick and the one above are startling to say the least ! Take my word for it , I wouldn't lie to you .

BennyV

Referee
Pretty sure Storm and Cowboys have been combining halves for years. Broncos, too, had Hunt playing both sides of the field using Milford and Boyd as ‘dual 5/8s’ on their run to the GF.
In fact, quite a few teams have roaming 5/8s AND fullbacks. Our inability to utilise our FB to the best of his ability is hardly ‘innovation’...

Latest posts