What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Eulogy

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Wow. What has happened to this once iconic club. The club that inspired great folklore. The club that was a patron of Rugby League until the Broncos entered the competition and won back to back premierships.

I know what happened. I know what caused the death of the Dragons.
It was you the fans of this once legendary club.

Hear me out before you start getting angry with me.

It's your fault because the culture of every club reflects its fans.
Now I'm not saying you're all losers, some of my best mates are Dragons fans.
But you the fans have lost your culture.
You don't support the club through hard times anymore, show some intestinal fortitude.
You don't show loyalty and show up to games anymore.
You don't back your players or your staff.

Starting to see how this transcends to the playing field now.

You need to back your coach and board. Put your feet in their big shoes and realise that they're doing the best they can.

Yet you protest, incompetently I might add. Look at the Titans, a pathetic club with a fanbase of 4 yet got rid of Searle and Cartwright. They got on the news and didn't look like spoiled brats chucking a tantrum. You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are. You shouldn't protest imo but at least do it right.

I hope you embark with the wisdom I have given you. Best of luck with your future endeavors, the game needs a strong St.George. It's no fun that the Broncos is the only powerhouse in the comp.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Wow. What has happened to this once iconic club. The club that inspired great folklore. The club that was a patron of Rugby League until the Broncos entered the competition and won back to back premierships.

You don't support the club through hard times anymore, show some intestinal fortitude.

You need to back your coach and board. Put your feet in their big shoes and realise that they're doing the best they can.

Yet you protest, incompetently I might add. Look at the Titans, a pathetic club with a fanbase of 4 yet got rid of Searle and Cartwright. They got on the news and didn't look like spoiled brats chucking a tantrum. You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are. You shouldn't protest imo but at least do it right.

I hope you embark with the wisdom I have given you. Best of luck with your future endeavors, the game needs a strong St.George. It's no fun that the Broncos is the only powerhouse in the comp.
Yeah...Nah.

ALSGI

Bench
It's an opinion that we're all entitled to.

Imo he's got it very, very wrong. Protest is a form of support and most protesters would love to sing praises instead. Fact is 1st grade has been mismanaged, poorly coached and we have been subject to the worst footy I've seen my beloved Dragons play in over 50 years.

I'm quietly excited about improvements this year and next few years though.

Go Dragons!!!

Ray McKigney

Juniors

Imo he's got it very, very wrong. Protest is a form of support

Is that so? Like I said you protest and complain about the "incompetent management" which is fine to do even though you're wrong. However what I don't get is why you call them incompetent yet they still dupe you into giving them your lunch money. The same incompetent management that delivered you a premiership 2010. You call them incompetent yet you probably run a dvd hire store.

Why protest then line up to buy tickets and gear like a fool?

I ask this simple question with due respect.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
Talk about contradiction. First our troll of a poster writes:
And then all of a sudden when we protest it is:
You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are.
And then of course if we show any form of dissent against a management that has driven us into debt, sold off our home games and failed to act against a poorly performing coaching staff we are having tantrums. Do you happen to be part of or employed by dragons management? I mean, Mary blamed the fans for the teams poor performance and here you are doing the same.

Qdf

Juniors

Imo he's got it very, very wrong. Protest is a form of support and most protesters would love to sing praises instead. Fact is 1st grade has been mismanaged, poorly coached and we have been subject to the worst footy I've seen my beloved Dragons play in over 50 years.

I'm quietly excited about improvements this year and next few years though.

Go Dragons!!!
Fact is,DOUST & his Boys Club run the club into the ground. Throw in the incompetent commity and what you have is a recipe for disaster. Not to mention a governance set-up by Doust & his commity cronnies, and those boy club imbeciles. So now we are using the only power we have left.(voting with our wallets) They made it near impossible for us to get Doust & the Board out of our club.
The FANS have not been shown any respect, so now Ray,next time before you start handing out advice, you should dig a little deeper and gather all the facts.

DUB888

Juniors

Get an agent and stop handling yourself!

Qdf

Juniors

Hay Ray,are you that high profile HAND model, that fell in love with his own HAND.

OzDragon

Coach
berneydidnotread.gif

Old Timer

Coach
So who do you follow Ray?
You come over here and propose to tell us what to do with our club and even havebthebtemerity to mention the Bronco

Old Timer

Coach
Sorry for the premi post
So Ray you have the temerity to mention the Bronco's feeble back to back effort in the same breath as this great club's achievements well GFY
The Dragons and Souths have heritage others can only dream of and a fan base willing to stick it up the club when things aren't right.
So go back where you came from and do some more grovelling to your lot and make an offer for Doust and McGregor while you're at it
Saints supporters may all have a go at each other in this place and also have a lash at our club but one thing is for sure we follow the greatest club with a passion and we don't need advice from a tosser like you

ALSGI

Bench
Ray, thanks for your stated due respect mate.
Sorry mate I don't run a dvd store but If I did I'd probably see you in the fiction section. Yes I am prone to wearing 'gear' although the 'gear' has had a bit of a spell in the wardrobe last few years, even the new stuff from last year. As a proud Dragons man I just haven't had the pride to wear it a lot over the last few years. It's sometimes embarrassing driving around with my plates, but I'm still proud and hopeful that there is change coming. Don't line up for tickets any more like I did for many, many years - only becuase I can't make it to games like I used to. I do spend some coin on watching it on fox albeit only being able to watch half games before I want to damage the TV in total disgust over the last few years.

I won't bag you for your opinion but please back of with the lame insults mate.

Good post though mate, give my regards to the Dragons board at work.

Gareth67

First Grade
Sorry for the premi post
So Ray you have the temerity to mention the Bronco's feeble back to back effort in the same breath as this great club's achievements well GFY
The Dragons and Souths have heritage others can only dream of and a fan base willing to stick it up the club when things aren't right.
So go back where you came from and do some more grovelling to your lot and make an offer for Doust and McGregor while you're at it
Saints supporters may all have a go at each other in this place and also have a lash at our club but one thing is for sure we follow the greatest club with a passion and we don't need advice from a tosser like you

That brought tears to my eyes O.T.