What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Injuries

Collateral

Coach
Dragons injuries
Jason Ryles Shoulder surgery Rnd 9
Brett Firman Broken left leg Rnds 22-25
Nathan Long Knee Rnd 8
Willie Leyshon Groin Rnd 12
Henry Perenara Shoulder Rnd 15-17
Jason Ellem Shoulder Rnd 6-8
Luke Roberts knee reconstruction 2005
Nick Youngquest ankle Rnd 10

Its good that Ryles and Long are expected back soon, although I would give Ryles at least two rounds in PL before bringing him into the first grade side.

Not happy the Leyshon is injured, but happy that its not his knees. I have a huge wrap for this bloke and when fit, he could be a very valuable player.

I think Perenara's time at the Dragons will be coming to an end.

Luke Roberts was injury prone when we got him, nothing has changed.

Cant wait for Youngquest to get back from injury and hopefully be able to play First Grade. We could really use his pace outside of Cooper.

http://dragons.rleague.com/news/index.php?id=15476

Southernsaint

Staff member
RedDragon said:
Dragons injuries
Jason Ryles Shoulder surgery Rnd 9

Its good that Ryles and Long are expected back soon, although I would give Ryles at least two rounds in PL before bringing him into the first grade side.

I couldn't agree more, we've seen with Barrett what happens when players rush back early from injury.

We have other props that are doing the business at the moment anyway & what is a few weeks after almost a whole year out.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Godz Illa

Coach
Good news about Ryles. However, I feel sorry for Henry Perenara. He played very well late last year and was rewarded with a contract extension - it would be cruel if injury prevented him from prolonging his career at Saints. He has plenty of skill and mobility, I'd like to see the Dragons retain him, but the management do seem a bit reticent about shoulder injuries.