What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons interested in Luke Douglas

Turk

Juniors
Nothing to be really excited about but a good replacement for Mike Cooper. At the right price i think he could be a solid signing.

BennyV

Referee
Meh, not too fussed. I agree that we need another first-grade ready prop, but would prefer Vaughn. I don't think Sele is ready for a full season of first grade, but I'd be making sure he get a few chances next year.

The Doc

Juniors
Please enlighten us how an average prop who will be 31 next year would add more value off the bench compared to one of our younger players like Host?
Mate i think its more media beat up then anything else.
We got forwards coming through the grades, host, sele, leilua, and we have Wakeman that could do as good a job if not better then douglas and would cost a third of the price.
Our management is inept, but i highly doubt they would be THAT silly!!!

Dragsters

First Grade
If we end up with Douglas and the tigpies get Vaughn then recruitment have to be kidding themselves.

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
Mate i think its more media beat up then anything else.
We got forwards coming through the grades, host, sele, leilua, and we have Wakeman that could do as good a job if not better then douglas and would cost a third of the price.
Our management is inept, but i highly doubt they would be THAT silly!!!

You would hope so, however our previous recruitment history has me nervous....
Barge ass,
McCrone,
Nielsen,
George Rose,
Bronson Harrison to name a few..

We do have a recent history or buying players on the backend of their careers because they have "experience" just like Douglas, and they offered very little in return ...

Lethal25

Juniors
Barge ass,
McCrone,
Nielsen,
George Rose,

We do have a recent history or buying players on the backend of their careers because they have "experience" just like Douglas, and they offered very little in return ...
The hope here is they've learnt from these mistakes, moving on Benji and Rein is a positive sign they have

The Doc

Juniors
Barge ass,
McCrone,
Nielsen,
George Rose,

With benji and mcrone, we didnt really have many options available to promote.
Same with george rose, at the time we didnt have any big bodies coming through.
Im not defending these decisions, just looking at it from a different perspective.
Neilson, farrell etc were just really bad decisions, decisions someone needs to be held accountable for.
Douglas, there is no way in hell i can see us needing him with the crop we got coming through the junior grades and the ones we have ready to go.
We need to focus on a number 7 first and foremost.
Our stocks up front are looking pretty good.
Our stocks in the backs arent too bad either (and yes if injuries do occure i believe some of these young guns would step up nicely!)
Douglas im more then certain is just media beat up.

Coffs dragon

Bench
There is only two signing we should concentrate on, a coach and a 7
Totally agree and that is high priority. There is a reason that Luke Douglas left the Sharks, Knights & soon the Titans......he's ordinary and not worth keeping. We have enough of that recycled shit.

Gareth67

First Grade
Luke Douglas ? Luke Douglas ? Was he not the BIG signing that Wayne Bennett was after , the one who he managed to convince to leave Cronulla and go to Newcastle ?

With all due respect to the man , he hasn't quite set the world on fire . The potential was there whilst he was at Cronulla , but unfortunately it never did happen .

Too long long in the tooth , if it was that other former Cronulla player , young Clff Watson , I would say yes , he might even be able to bring that cheeky red-haired half with him !

Latest posts