What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons poised to make a play for Bellamy

possm

Coach
MELBOURNE Storm premiership-winning coach Craig Bellamy will return to work next Monday with his future beyond next season still undecided.

St George Illawarra have signalled an intention to make a major play to lure Bellamy, with the Storm coach expected to make a call on his next career move before the start of the new NRL season in March.

"When Craig's ready to have a conversation, we are as well," Storm CEO Ron Gauci said.

"Whenever there's a vacancy or an anticipated vacancy at another club Craig's name is inevitably mentioned, I'm well and truly used to that speculation.
"We've done our homework and we understand which other clubs are interested.

"Our preference is to keep Craig at the Melbourne Storm and when he returns from holidays we'll start working towards a resolution."

What are your thoughts?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ch-craig-bellamy/story-e6frexnr-1226518787609

bottle

Coach
Thoughts?
The Telucrap is a shit rumour riddled rag written by equally pox riddled shitbags.

WOTBEH

Juniors
How to troll lesson #5456

• Have a cute screen name
    Use a cute avatar
    Dribble constantly
    Act innocent

possm

Coach
Given Doust's recent announcement regarding our coach for next year,

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA chief Peter Doust has addressed concerns over a lack of recruitment for next season and confirmed the club's head-coaching role would be ''back on the agenda'' next year.

In a wide-ranging interview, Doust urged fans not to underestimate the playing squad, and said coach Steve Price would be given every opportunity to show his worth in the NRL.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/doust-backs-dragons-to-compete-despite-lack-of-recruits-20121119-29m8g.html

and an indication that a decision on Bellamy's future will be made prior to the start of the 2013 season, Price may find himself coaching next year with the knowledge that it will be his last as head coach of the Dragons.

'with the Storm coach expected to make a call on his next career move before the start of the new NRL season in March.'

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226518787609

We alreadly know all this stuff and no doubt the speculation will continue to grow until Bellamy makes a decision. In any case, I'd be pretty certain he will stay down there, he seems happy and has given no indication he wants a change.

Yes I know we got Bennett, but he was on the outer ar the Broncos and it was only our good luck that the Roosters and Cowboys management both farked up the deal that we got him. Bellamy is a whole set of different circumstances, it would be a miracle if Dousty could even get him to spell Wollongong, moreorless move there. In the mean time it gives the press something to scribble about in the off season.

jenninga

First Grade
We alreadly know all this stuff and no doubt the speculation will continue to grow until Bellamy makes a decision. In any case, I'd be pretty certain he will stay down there, he seems happy and has given no indication he wants a change.

Yes I know we got Bennett, but he was on the outer ar the Broncos and it was only our good luck that the Roosters and Cowboys management both farked up the deal that we got him. Bellamy is a whole set of different circumstances, it would be a miracle if Dousty could even get him to spell Wollongong, moreorless move there. In the mean time it gives the press something to scribble about in the off season.
I have said this before that Bellamy has been targeted by the Dragons since last year so they would be making a big play for him.The target was always going to be for 2014.Just quietly,i wonder if Cronk has a get out clause if his coach moves on.
I wouldn't write this off.

RednWhite

Bench
Most other clubs have their coaches signed up for 2014 -Rosters, NZ, Tigers, Bulldogs, Manly etc so the Dragons will be mainly competing against the Storm. Bellamy will be motivated to win back to back premierships next year and after spending ten years building up such successful club, why would you want to leave and start all over again?

hardbaby

Coach
Just quietly,i wonder if Cronk has a get out clause if his coach moves on.

I read last week that he does. It was part of the contract re-negotiation with the Storm. This of course, provides an extra incentive for the Storm to hold onto Bellamy.

I have said this before that Bellamy has been targeted by the Dragons since last year so they would be making a big play for him.The target was always going to be for 2014.Just quietly,i wonder if Cronk has a get out clause if his coach moves on.
I wouldn't write this off.
I hope you are right mate and I can certainly see us making an offer. The option will be there for him to follow suit with Bennett and make a mark a two differrent clubs to be truely recognised as one of the great coaches if he could win premierships at different clubs. Hasler has tried and come very close and may well get there (gees I hope not, I hate the bullcheats). Other than that, I can't see him wanting to move. There could be other influences that we don't know about as well, family, maybee he is stale at Melbourne, who knows, but Dousty will have to do a miracle job to get him, can he do it? At this stage I would have to say no, can't see it.

Last edited:
:?Thoughts???? What would peanut butter and ice cream taste like????

Went to Hartsyard in Newtown last night where they do a peanut butter and pretzel sundae that is way off the hook. You can Google it. Banana, pretzel ice cream, thick chocolate fudge, peanut butter, banana and banana cream doughnuts. Terry Durack in the Herald's Good Food section rates it as one of Sydney's Top 20 desserts right now.

Anyway, upshot, peanut butter and ice cream taste f****ng awesome.

Twenty10

Juniors
Wonder if the sale of melbourne will have anything to do with his decision

It will only make it harder for us to get him. Selling a club with Bellamy locked in as coach is a far more valuable proposition than one without him. They will absolutely throw everything at Bellamy so he stays. I cannot see him ever coming to dragons. Of course I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it happening

league

Juniors
I seen Weidler a few weeks ago and asked him if he knew of any movement linked to the Dragons, he said we had missed out on Prince (he signed for the Broncos the next day) and said we're making a play at Bellamy and it was just a matter of offering the $$$$.

Breathingfire

Juniors
To be honest I think the 2010 premiership is the reason we will not sign Bellamy. One of the sticking points of signing Bennett was the 31 year old premiership drought. Our club had underachieved for such a long time and the challenge of lifting our club to the top of the NRL again was a big part of the attraction according to Bennett. He spoke often of our rich history and mad supporter group and how good it would be for Rugby League if the Dragons were successful.

I could be wrong but I think if Bellamy was looking for a challenge then he would have taken the Warriors offer with the attraction of winning them their first competition. The big challenge at the Dragons was conquered by Bennett and we are just another number again.