What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Predicted Wooden Spooners

Coffs dragon

Bench
I can hear the excuses now coming from the mouth of the master deflector coach. Everyone is to blame and the power game ran out of power. His mates on the Illawarra board would blame the fans & create a conspiracy theory, Our CEO would continue on in preparation for his 20 years of service & his long service leave entitlements.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
"We made the finals in 2015.......then Finally I got the team I wanted......everyone has tipped us to come last in 2017"
Hello Doust & Board is there anyone home?

Spot on Coffs
I can see us finish the season coming 3rd last.
And Mary saying everything will be ok.
We went better than the experts said.
We made the semis in 2015 in case you didn't know.
Ben Hunts coming in 2018 so all good.
We just need to tweak our attack and work hard on our d .
We will be right.
Thanks to the board for the 3 year extention.
You know we went well 2015.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Before the charity shield I ridiculed an article that predicted dragons finish 15th. No way.
After watching the game I was worried. But it wasn't until I watched the press conference that it hit me like a tonne of bricks. WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE.
Only chance to avoid bottom 4 is to sack the two guys in that press conference.

Vinnie

Juniors
SO SO SAD, but unfortunately may very well be the case. We i believe actually do have the team to do well if it's picked right and allowed to play ! Safety option may stop tries and create structure and every other bullsit stat you can think of BUT it DOESN'T score points !!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Do you think the Knights would be wooden spoon favourites if they had some of our players like Dugan, Frizzell, Packer, Vaughan, Thompson, Aitken ??
I'm sure with a mix of these type plus their exciting youth, they would be tipped much much higher under Brownie whom has a far better idea on attacking tactics.

Lethal25

Juniors
For him to have a remote chance of keeping his job we have to win more than 50% of matches before origin time and make the finals by seasons end. Even then he may still get punted.

I just don't think this is going to happen, there's just not enough creativity in this team to score sufficient points

possm

Coach
It was not so much the final score of the CC, it was the lack of improvement from last season that did the trick. Mary's selections, Widdop's general play and kickng game and Lafai's lack of improvement despite the hype of an outstanding 'boot camp' performance.

Generally the team as a whole performed poorly and despite this our head coach and captain thought it was a good hit out.

In the past the Dragons have had a poor CC result and went on to have a good or reasonable first round result. This may very well happen however, the odds would be very much against this. For me nothing could erase the memory of Widdops performance.