What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to wear Illawarra kit

drake said:
As I've said before, I lived around the Corner from Ross the Skull for years, my little brother used to play with his daughter. Nice bloke as long as you're white and a Saints fan.
I don't think anything is crazy about wanting to recognize the great Saints history, but Denis' rabid hatred of the JV clashes with my own opinion. The looney bit is the rabid, blind and prejudiced hate that espouses, which is mirrored by many others at the games. Nothing like getting abused by someone wearing the same colours as you for having a post '98 jersey. It shits me to my eye-teeth, and I'm not going to get myself in trouble with the law to educate some drunken fool.
You guys have goy your opinions... too bad they're usually aimed at 'fellow supporters'. :x

Even I have picked up a post 98 jersey. I bought one of those Vees with the sew on badge and no sponsorship and I was stoked enough to see us going around in the blood and bandages that I bought one of them as well. They're actually the only jerseys I've at the moment because I gave my two old Saints ones to some young cousins of mine in a last ditch attempt to and save them from being Manlyified by their Silver Tail father.

And I've never been, or seen any one abused for wearing a JV jersey but all the same the future for me holds only Throwbacks and Retros. :D

innsaneink

Referee
drake said:
innsaneink said:
drake said:
As I've said before, I lived around the Corner from Ross the Skull for years, my little brother used to play with his daughter. Nice bloke as long as you're white and a Saints fan.
I don't think anything is crazy about wanting to recognize the great Saints history, but Denis' rabid hatred of the JV clashes with my own opinion. The looney bit is the rabid, blind and prejudiced hate that espouses, which is mirrored by many others at the games. Nothing like getting abused by someone wearing the same colours as you for having a post '98 jersey. It shits me to my eye-teeth, and I'm not going to get myself in trouble with the law to educate some drunken fool.
You guys have goy your opinions... too bad they're usually aimed at 'fellow supporters'. :x

You're a merger.
We're a JV.
you're a bloody joke.
See ya this weekend.
What???????????
Honest mistake. :lol:
Ok bugger it...whos up for an avatar bet?
I just hope the other Saints mob turn up next wekend, not the mob that thrashed Newcastle.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Raiders 2004 said:
Why that illawarra jersey isn't the alternate strip who knowz...

Because it's shite & is a relic of a club who couldn't pay it's bills.

We're all part of the Dragons "brand" now...

Cheers,
Ben S.

innsaneink

Referee
Raiders 2004 said:
Why that illawarra jersey isn't the alternate strip who knowz...

Becoz the merger....oops, jointventure feels giving illawarra jnrs a run in a dragqueens strip is sufficient.
....and hey, they have the socks too...equality dragoons style. :lol: :lol:

Joint Venture ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rexxy

Coach
insanne...these arguments are very complex. In the words of Run DMC, "It's Tricky".

You'd know that being a Tigers supporter. Saints hould onl;y negotiate this stuff when we get more than 4 games at Kogarah. How many games are there at leichhardt BTW? Its less than campbelltown, how do you feel about equality Magpie style?

band1.jpg

trent, timmo and hornby

innsaneink

Referee
Rex said:
insanne...these arguments are very complex. In the words of Run DMC, "It's Tricky".

You'd know that being a Tigers supporter. Saints hould onl;y negotiate this stuff when we get more than 4 games at Kogarah. How many games are there at leichhardt BTW? Its less than campbelltown, how do you feel about equality Magpie style?

band1.jpg

trent, timmo and hornby

Were equal......this year with three of our home games being at alternate venues for financial reasons(Telstra x 2, Jade Stadium NZ) we were always going to have an unequal proportion of Campbo/Lchhdt games, next year Campbo get four and Leichhardt five.
See....when your equal its very simple.

Southernsaint

Staff member
innsaneink said:
Were equal......this year with three of our home games being at alternate venues for financial reasons(Telstra x 2, Jade Stadium NZ) we were always going to have an unequal proportion of Campbo/Lchhdt games, next year Campbo get four and Leichhardt five.

Yep - it's all about equality. So you can see why St george supporters are angry when they get four home games a year, despite subsidising the Illawarra faction.

Cheers,
Ben S.

alive103

Juniors

Innane, when our joint venture/merger/brand name started, we didn't need to go fishing to find the likes of Terry Hill or Jarrod McCracken. How many players came from Wests and Balmain?

25 players came from St George and Illawarra... 13 from Saints and 12 from the Steelers. That's what a joint venture is in essence an equality. The reason St George supporters are frustrated is that this club that we pay all the bills for (owes us $8.29 million), gets 7 games a year in their home base. Most Saints supporters would settle for 6 and 6 even despite our abysmal record at Kogarah in recent times.

Then the Brand makers such as Doust go out of their way to have a 22 year anniversary of a first game for the Steelers when they keep telling us we are one club. What a crock of shit! This move by Doust has been more destablising on the fan base of this club than any of the Anti-Farrar movements of 2002. We should be chanting Dragons instead of Saints and then we have to watch our "brand" go around in a Steelers jersey.

I'll continue to chant St George and will so forever. I will be wearing an Old Newmans or Penfolds jersey on that afternoon against Penrith and will chant loud for ST GEORGE!

Dragon

Coach
Chanting Saaaint George is just stupid. You will never get WIN stadium chanting that. Last year the Broncos game at WIN stadium we were all singing Drrrraaagons, and it sounded mad. All the grandstands were chanting it, louder than the blokes on the hill.

Rexxy

Coach
Dragon said:
Chanting Saaaint George is just stupid. You will never get WIN stadium chanting that. Last year the Broncos game at WIN stadium we were all singing Drrrraaagons, and it sounded mad. All the grandstands were chanting it, louder than the blokes on the hill.

Dragon. Try chanting it in an empty stadium. Coz that's what you will have if you piss St George people off by telling them what they can and cannot say.

What next? A thought machine?

Rex said:
Dragon said:

Dragon. Try chanting it in an empty stadium. Coz that's what you will have if you piss St George people off by telling them what they can and cannot say.

What next? A thought machine?

So I would be right in assuming that the commemorative jersey will not be a good idea for you as an Xmas gift. :lol:

Rexxy

Coach
If they announce lights for Kogarah and 50/50 games in Sydney and the Gong - I'll BUY One.

_Johnsy

Referee
I have been supporting St George for 28 years now & I for one will be contacting the club to let them know I think it should be our permenant away strip. That club is part of OUR tradition.

innsaneink

Referee
alive103 said:
Innane, when our joint venture/merger/brand name started, we didn't need to go fishing to find the likes of Terry Hill or Jarrod McCracken. How many players came from Wests and Balmain?

25 players came from St George and Illawarra... 13 from Saints and 12 from the Steelers. That's what a joint venture is in essence an equality.
Very commendable though it proved to be a fatal exercise didn't it?
If you'd bought yourselves a decent winger, you would have
had a premiership in your first year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
innsaneink said:
alive103 said:

25 players came from St George and Illawarra... 13 from Saints and 12 from the Steelers. That's what a joint venture is in essence an equality.
Very commendable though it proved to be a fatal exercise didn't it?
If you'd bought yourselves a decent winger, you would have
had a premiership in your first year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've got it wrong. If Saints had bought the ref, the Premiership was theirs...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Sharkie73

Bench
Most of your First grade side come from the Illawarra Ben so I guess if thats what you consider as bringing very little to the club then knock your self out and have fun :roll: :roll: :roll:
Geez, being called a nutter for wanting to retreive 77 years of history, for wanting more than 4 games at our home ground, for not wanting to play a game in the jumper of the club who brings very, very little to our happy little brand?? Where do I sign up??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Sharkie1973 said:
Most of your First grade side come from the Illawarra Ben so I guess if thats what you consider as bringing very little to the club then knock your self out and have fun :roll: :roll: :roll:
Geez, being called a nutter for wanting to retreive 77 years of history, for wanting more than 4 games at our home ground, for not wanting to play a game in the jumper of the club who brings very, very little to our happy little brand?? Where do I sign up??

Cheers,
Ben S.

I've said before, juniors are a moot point. Just look at all the Cronulla local juniors in key positions at Shark Park :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: Welcome to the Saints forum :D

Saint 60

Juniors
come to think of it....didnt Saints have a lot to do with starting Cronulla....?

o shhhhh

Go u Dragons 8) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts