What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Top 4 Bound in 2018!

Drag Queen

Bench
Dufty is better than Quinlan. He has better agility and more confidence is both his running game and ball playing skills (Adam used to hit the deck the moment someone laid a hand on him). The passing from kick returns bugs me but it's brutally obvious that is a Mary ploy.

My concern for Matt is his ability to last the full year in first grade without succumbing to fatigue (mental and physical) due to his size and experience level and the fact that our coach doesn't have a clue how to rotate players. Looking at a number of smaller fullbacks (French, RTS, Barba) and you'll note that their breakout year wasn't necessarily their first year; their first year was spent rotating between fullback, wing and reserve grade to get them used to the speed of the grade and the long season.[/QUOT
The only time I've ever seen it used so extensively (not just at Dragons, but league-wide) is at the Dragons, under Mary, with under-sized fullbacks Dufty and Quinlan. No way is that a coincidence.

Dufty had no issues running kick returns in NYC or in NSW Cup.

Plus I'm pretty sure it was mentioned by someone in JA that this was a Mary instruction.

Crush

Coach
We'll miss the 8 again,im afraid.
With Mary still in charge and our backline losing Dugan and still having the same wingers/centres,i think it will be hard to crack it. Hunt will be great but Mary will stuff him and Graham is on old legs. Would love to be proven wrong but cant see much changing from this year.
Mickthedragon,
Bet you a $2 scratchy that we not only make the 8 we go close or finish top 4!
You will get your wish, you'll be proven wrong.

Bench
I hate to admit it but I don't think we will make the top four this season.
The club has got Hunt, a big plus for the team, Graham is also a plus.
On the other side of the ledger, we have McIdiot so that cancels out the two pluses.
The centers and wingers are still going to be a problem, lack of speed are a big minus.
Aitken and Lafai have the potential to be a great pairing. Lafaii, on his day could be a truely great center but is to inconsistent.
Aitken inreally like as a player, but comes off the line way to much and leaves the opposite winger an easy path to the try line.
A good coach would rectify the issue with the centers. We have McIdiot so it will be the same as last season I fear.

jak

Bench
now that we have a halfback we will find out what mary has got. so let's give him a go before we hang him.yes I realise there are better coaches on this forum.

Latest posts