What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Broncos - Teams named

salivor

First Grade
St George-Illawara Dragons v Brisbane Broncos
Venue: WIN Stadium
Date: Friday July 1, 2003
Time: 7.30pm

Brisbane Broncos
1. Darren Lockyer
2. Scott Minto
3. Brent Tate
4. Michael De Vere
5. Stuart Kelly
6. Ben Ikin
7. Shaun Berrigan
8. Shane Webcke
9. Richard Swain
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Gorden Tallis (c)
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Tonie Carroll
Interchange:
14. Corey Parker
15. Andrew Gee
16. Brad Meyers
17. Casey McGuire
18. Carl Webb
19. Brett Seymour
(Two to be omitted)

St George-Illawara Dragons
1. Ben Hornby
2. Nathan Blacklock
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. John Wilshere
6. Shaun Timmins (c)
7. Brett Firman
8. Ian Donnelly
9. Mark Riddell
10. Jason Ryles
11. Luke Bailey
12. Henry Perenara
13. John Cross
Interchange:
14. Ashton Sims
15. Brent Kite
16. Dean Young
17. Michael Howell
18. Michael Henderson
(One to be omitted)

Anonymous

Juniors
Bronco... you're a man sticking close to the Broncos' news.... hows Lockyer holding up? Is he running any better?
IMO, he is the difference between the sides.

salivor

First Grade
I'd know about as much as you. No further mention has been made of it really. He definetly was treading lightly on the ankle at times during Origin 2 and I was genuinely worried how he would back up just two days later.
His involvement and ease of movement on "sandcorp" against the Roosters would tell me its not something thats going to seriously hamper him. Hes not exactly your usual flimsy fullback and can play through pain as shown with his rib injury in the last couple of years so he'll play the house down as usual.

In saying all that he sat out of yesterdays training session with a niggling injury :lol: .

Anonymous

Juniors
Thanks mate. Should be a close and tight match.
I think neither side are going in cock-sure of victory.

Anonymous

Juniors
Willow said:
Thanks mate. Should be a close and tight match.
I think neither side are going in c**k-sure of victory.
LOL.. since when was cock an offensive word? Its also a bloody bird.... :lol:
I think that'll have to be administered. 8)

salivor

First Grade
Well Ikin is back in the side this week so thats a big advantage for St George. On form though the broncos should come in as favourites and I've definetly got a send a thank you to channel 9 for making it the Friday game and taking it away from Kograh.
The thing that worries me about St George is that they seem to lift when they play the Broncos and being so hot and cold at times you really don't know what to expect.

salivor

First Grade
Michael DeVere, Scott Minto and Andrew Gee are all out of the Broncos team. Craig Frawely will replace Minto and Maguire will come into the centres to replace DeVere. Seymour and Webb will start on the bench for the Broncos. Lockyer will do the goal kicking with Richard Swain as backup incase Lockyer's ankle plays up.

Interesting changes but I don't think they seriously hamper Brisbane. Lockyer if fit is a competent goal kicker. Maguire is in great form this season and with excellent defence he'll go well in the centres.

Anonymous

Juniors
Dragons lock John Cross has been forced to delay his return from a rib injury and will miss tomorrow night's Telstra Premiership match with the Broncos at WIN Stadium.

Cross, who has missed two games with rib cartilage damage, will be replaced at lock by Michael Howell, who will be making his first NRL appearance this season.

Michael Howell will be making his first NRL appearance for the Dragons this season. The “Big League” stats for tomorrow night’s game re 3 appearances this season were made by his younger brother David, who made his debut on the wing for the Dragons this season.

Cross's withdrawal paves the way for backrower Michael Henderson, 18, to make his NRL debut from the bench. Henderson will be the Dragons' 10th rookie this season.

www.leagueunlimited.com

Latest posts