What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Celtic

druzik

Juniors
No, worse - the Aussie Rules people... it's like arguing with a Mormon.
You one way to really stirr them up ... tell em the first game of 'AFL' was actually rugby and that the roots of their sport is in English games and not Australia, its as English as League or Union... :lol:

druzik

Juniors
I'm hoping to line something up for a few months... though, not having British citizenship means that some of the major sources of work for someone like me is cut off (i.e. the Defence industry where I won't be able to get a clearance due to being a dangerous alien.)

Oh that sucks... so you couldnt work up in the Sun yards in Barrow.... actually thats not necessarily a bad thing... woops just kidding, I like Barrow... and they have a great RL team!

You one way to really stirr them up ... tell em the first game of 'AFL' was actually rugby and that the roots of their sport is in English games and not Australia, its as English as League or Union... :lol:

You should have seen the thread they had sledging Sean Fagan for daring to suggest that Aussie Rules wasn't really 150 years old because the game was basically Rugby for it's first years...

It blows their minds. They also love the argument that the Rugby codes are bad because they're "Pommy" but at the same time love cricket... :lol:

Oh that sucks... so you couldnt work up in the Sun yards in Barrow.... actually thats not necessarily a bad thing... woops just kidding, I like Barrow... and they have a great RL team!

:lol:

I actually consulted to a company last year that is 50% owned by P&O Maritime who are pretty active in the maritime industry up there... they flew a bloke from there down to Sydney for a few days to play golf, sail around the harbour and sit in a room with me criticising my work...

druzik

Juniors
:lol:

I actually consulted to a company last year that is 50% owned by P&O Maritime who are pretty active in the maritime industry up there... they flew a bloke from there down to Sydney for a few days to play golf, sail around the harbour and sit in a room with me criticising my work...
Oh... I had an Institute fly me over to them so they could do that to me... :lol: :x

druzik

Juniors
You should have seen the thread they had sledging Sean Fagan for daring to suggest that Aussie Rules wasn't really 150 years old because the game was basically Rugby for it's first years...

It blows their minds. They also love the argument that the Rugby codes are bad because they're "Pommy" but at the same time love cricket... :lol:

Dumb sh!ts... if there is one person you dont question on sports history in Aus ist Sean.

Actulally I think modern AFL was shown to be a mixture of the old Sheffield rules and association rules football.

Oh... I had an Institute fly me over to them so they could do that to me... :lol: :x

Receiving, facilitating and acting on criticism is a major part of my job... whether it be constructive or based on massive ignorance you need to at least pay lip service to it.

Dumb sh!ts... if there is one person you dont question on sports history in Aus ist Sean.

Actulally I think modern AFL was shown to be a mixture of the old Sheffield rules and association rules football.

I'm not sure what happened with that thread but if I were Sean I'd be sending an email to BigFooty asking them to snip the bits where his character was heavily defamed... some of the comments were deeply unfair, personal and completely ignorant. His article was based on serious research which that lot couldn't fathom - so they turned to insulting him and his work.

druzik

Juniors
Receiving, facilitating and acting on criticism is a major part of my job... whether it be constructive or based on massive ignorance you need to at least pay lip service to it.
Mine was for a job interview... well it wasnt too bad actually, I was punching above my weight so had to expect a bit of a bloodies nose... its all good, trying for a few positions lower down the rung now, but in the same place.

druzik

Juniors
I'm not sure what happened with that thread but if I were Sean I'd be sending an email to BigFooty asking them to snip the bits where his character was heavily defamed... some of the comments were deeply unfair, personal and completely ignorant. His article was based on serious research which that lot couldn't fathom - so they turned to insulting him and his work.
Well thats what happens when you have ignorant people on forums... they turn to insults... the Unionistans on planet rugby do the same thing... thes still like to refer to leage fans as 'champions' not realising that its actually a racist term and potentially get them into a lot of trouble.

druzik

Juniors

Seans a great guy... the work he does is amazing. I just dont understand how people can be like that to someone.

Mine was for a job interview... well it wasnt too bad actually, I was punching above my weight so had to expect a bit of a bloodies nose... its all good, trying for a few positions lower down the rung now, but in the same place.

I've been in that position where the interview becomes trench warfare. Once had an interview for a job that was probably outside my field of expertise (but I could've done it - it was related) and was interviewed by these two f**kwits who asked all closed, negative questions: "I see you've never dealt with..." etc. and then wasted my time showing me a recruitment video and giving me an almost hour long tour of the premises for a job I then knew I had no chance of getting.

druzik

Juniors
I've been in that position where the interview becomes trench warfare. Once had an interview for a job that was probably outside my field of expertise (but I could've done it - it was related) and was interviewed by these two f**kwits who asked all closed, negative questions: "I see you've never dealt with..." etc. and then wasted my time showing me a recruitment video and giving me an almost hour long tour of the premises for a job I then knew I had no chance of getting.
Mine wasnt that bad... their questions and comments were valid for what the position was, it required high levels of responsibilty and handling of nuclear material (tritium) so they need to make sure of the person they get... I was basically looking at a job promotion about 3 levels above where I really would be... but I figured if you dont try then you dont know... its all goos though. See what happens... might go to the US.

Well thats what happens when you have ignorant people on forums... they turn to insults... the Unionistans on planet rugby do the same thing... thes still like to refer to leage fans as 'champions' not realising that its actually a racist term and potentially get them into a lot of trouble.

They're a putrid lot. The thing that disturbs me the most is the class prejudice many of them buy into... League people are poor, League people are stupid, League people have no taste, League people are badly educated, League is only played in schools with poor academics, League people are just bad, etc. etc. There's a couple of them (that Wamberal / Woods99 on here, guy) that are just evil.

It's like entering a time-warp back to 1895 or something...

druzik

Juniors
They're a putrid lot. The thing that disturbs me the most is the class prejudice many of them buy into... League people are poor, League people are stupid, League people have no taste, League people are badly educated, League is only played in schools with poor academics, League people are just bad, etc. etc. There's a couple of them (that Wamberal / Woods99 on here, guy) that are just evil.

It's like entering a time-warp back to 1895 or something...

:lol: seriously... I wonder what they would say of my qualifications... pHd in Plasma and Nuclear fusion physics... that would explode their brains... let alone the fact a 'league' has that... :lol:

Mine wasnt that bad... their questions and comments were valid for what the position was, it required high levels of responsibilty and handling of nuclear material (tritium) so they need to make sure of the person they get... I was basically looking at a job promotion about 3 levels above where I really would be... but I figured if you dont try then you dont know... its all goos though. See what happens... might go to the US.

Well, the job I was going for was a poisoned chalice anyway... the project (a very high profile ongoing Sydney transport contract) was already over budget and lagging badly so I would have been in a pressure cooker environment so I'm kind of glad I'm not involved.

:lol: seriously... I wonder what they would say of my qualifications... pHd in Plasma and Nuclear fusion physics... that would explode their brains... let alone the fact a 'league' has that... :lol:

Interesting!

Yep, I meet League people all the time that ruin their stereotype... I mean, I have a BA (Hons I), LLB and there are plenty of people on LU who are auditors, accountants, etc... the class divide is over in terms of the code wars but it benefits Union people to continue the lie.

Anyway, I'd better get some sleep! Nice chatting to you! I'm sure we'll be chatting again next Super Saturday at least...!

druzik

Juniors
Well, the job I was going for was a poisoned chalice anyway... the project (a very high profile ongoing Sydney transport contract) was already over budget and lagging badly so I would have been in a pressure cooker environment so I'm kind of glad I'm not involved.

SYDNEY RAIL! ............ :lol:

druzik

Juniors
Interesting!

Yep, I meet League people all the time that ruin their stereotype... I mean, I have a BA (Hons I), LLB and there are plenty of people on LU who are auditors, accountants, etc... the class divide is over in terms of the code wars but it benefits Union people to continue the lie.

Anyway, I'd better get some sleep! Nice chatting to you! I'm sure we'll be chatting again next Super Saturday at least...!

Prob not, my position ends here on friday so I will be travelling a bit... I will be in Oslo for the scandanavian 9s RL tournament... will be writing articles for Rugby league Review in the june and july issues as well.

Any good chatting, maybe tomorrow for the next ESL game.