What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v dogs.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Does anyone know the weather forecast? I'm hoping the ground is a bog. The heavy Bulldog forwards will sink up to their ankles and waste time retrieving their boots. Widdops grubbers become an unexpected attacking weapon as they alternately stick and skid. The smaller and lighter Dragons forwards like Marketo and McCarthy have a field day in the treacherous conditions whie the skinny legged Bulldog backs succumb to sprained ankles. The ball becomes heavier and Rein finds his passing trajectory suddenly becomes appropriate. We win by 50.

Or the weather could be good and we are stuffed.

monsterkev

Juniors
we all know saints are going to lose and lose big cause there shit
the dogs are going to make a statement
im going to put a $50 on dogs to win by 40 or more yeah hah
everyone jump on board
whats so wrong with saints losing every week,this is gold
guaranteed to win at the tab every week how can you go wrong
i would even put money on the fact the players and club are getting in on the action
who needs tpa's when the club has a tab

OzDragon

Coach
1. Adam Quinlan
2. Kurt Mann
3. Euan Aitken
4. Taane Milne
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Benji Marshall
8. Russell Packer
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Cooper
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin

Interchange:
Tariq Sims
15. Will Matthews
16. Jacob Host
17. Jake Marketo
19. Tyrone McCarthy

Cecchin head ref with Patton in the box. We're fked!​

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
we all know saints are going to lose and lose big cause there shit
the dogs are going to make a statement
im going to put a $50 on dogs to win by 40 or more yeah hah
everyone jump on board
whats so wrong with saints losing every week,this is gold
guaranteed to win at the tab every week how can you go wrong
i would even put money on the fact the players and club are getting in on the action
who needs tpa's when the club has a tab

Go for it Kev. Personally I can't bring myself to bet against the Dragons, even at the tempting odds of $1.07 the win.

Old Timer

Coach
Graham will make our forwards look like swiss cheese.

Our forwards will be spent after 30 minutes and the Dogs will run riot.

Simms at starting pop for 1 week yep he's killing it.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Win, lose or draw I only hope the form of Mann, Milne and a handfull of others continues to shine through and not be used as a scapegoat for our illustrious head coach.

GKJ79

Juniors
Up the Dragons and may we breathe so much fire that we will incinerate the Dogs to charred smoke.
The Dogs will probably pick Garvey to join the Morris Brothers to try and spook us. I just wish that Dugan was playing as our back 5 is starting to look more formidable.

Mate, why would we need Garvey to join the morris brothers to try and spook us??? That's what Doust hired Mcgregor for.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Same team...same result. Pick the same soft forwards who have underperformed for 21 rounds, pick the same halves who have underperformed for 21 rounds and expect they'll suddenly play like champions?? If they haven't been able to play well after 21 rounds I think its logical to assume they won't perform this week against the Bulldogs.

McGregor is more stubborn than Price...I can only put it down to arrogance or such a lack of faith in his own ability he is not prepared to take any chances with other options.

Same team...same result. Pick the same soft forwards who have underperformed for 21 rounds, pick the same halves who have underperformed for 21 rounds and expect they'll suddenly play like champions?? If they haven't been able to play well after 21 rounds I think its logical to assume they won't perform this week against the Bulldogs.

McGregor is more stubborn than Price...I can only put it down to arrogance or such a lack of faith in his own ability he is not prepared to take any chances with other options.
What options do they have left.

They are basically at the same point they where last year and have no one else they can bring in.

No point chucking a bunch of under 20's in now to see them get hammered by the Dogs and their own fans if they have a shocker.

Plus the second tier salary cap is being thrown out their as an excuse anyway.

Creagh looks like he will never play again and i am not surprised by this as i heard this rumour weeks ago.
Mose will be lucky to play this year to and even if he does he won't be any help.
Ah Mau suspended for a dumb tackle.
Lafai and Havili suspended and hopefully sacked soon.
McCrone utter rubbish.
Hutchison seems to be destined to never be used again.
Glymin and Carr won't get a look in.

Thats leaves Lui and no one else.

Old Timer

Coach
Prop rotation Packer, Cooper, Sims, Lui, De Belin
2nd row rotation Thomson, Frizzel, Host
Lock Matthews, Mc Carthy (last card in the deck)

Lui or De Belin can alternate with 2nd row if need be.

If used correctly you can get big minutes out of JT and TF and JH

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Yawn............is it over yet?
Seriously I'm done with getting on here and trying to give team selection suggestions. Anyone else notice how utterly rubbish Rein plays when we have no utility on the bench to pressure him? Opps, there I go again!!! Don't listen to me Mary, keep doing what your doing champ. Your doing a great job.

Dogs by 40 with the obligatory 3 tries each to the Morris twins.

GKJ79

Juniors
Host dropped for Mc Carthy, Mc Carthy dropped for Host
Yawn............is it over yet?
Seriously I'm done with getting on here and trying to give team selection suggestions. Anyone else notice how utterly rubbish Rein plays when we have no utility on the bench to pressure him? Opps, there I go again!!! Don't listen to me Mary, keep doing what your doing champ. Your doing a great job.

Dogs by 40 with the obligatory 3 tries each to the Morris twins.

Havilli, played for the junior Kiwis, even a test appearance for N.Z, was going to be the rotation hooker? Now out on the piss fighting, and the Dragon's are supposedly rehab facility? Maybe if we got back to being a f**king football team, that might help.

What utility and don't say McCrone.

They could use Havili oops nvm he is a f**king wanker.

So lets see who else they have hmm no one how fantastic.

Oh yeah thanks Saint George Dragons for allowing the Morris brothers to leave most appreciated.

thebigredv

First Grade
Press conference prediction:
Mary: "Four of the Dogs tries were from kicks and another three were long range tries. Take those out and we only lose by ten. I mean, we were in the 8 a month ago, and what about the Knights?".

Widdop: "Yeah I dunno we are training really well. It will come together".

getsmarty

Immortal
Even opposition players are taking the Mickey..Reynolds on the news tonight said he was expecting a really tough game ..only problem was he couldn't hold back grinning after saying it.