What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Tigers round 5

ALSGI

Bench
Danger game !!!!!

We're sitting in 3rd, 3 from 4, highest point scorers, forward pack going great, Widdop looking consistently good and spine mostly much improved on the back of our 1, 6, 9 and ......... 7 .....in round 1 at least. We've had 3 home games, 2 at Kogarah (losing poorly to Eels in round 2) and a great result away at Shark park.

We're all happy right?

Tigers, last on the table, 2 home games and 2 away, only won one game away against Soufs in round 1 and touched them up. 3 losses since, and they looked dangerous last week at home, Caretaker coach, against the unbeaten Storm at 14 nil up at one stage......then, well they were shit and Storm were Storm. If they were to throw all their eggs into one basket right now a win against Dragons would be it at home, becuase they've got Cowboys and Eels next, both away.

Like I said last Tuesday, imo we're going to win this one comfortably, how comfortably will again depend on how much kicking McCrone is allowed to do. I'm not being cocky here, just can't see their current squad beating our squad. I can only imagine how much better we could be if we made some changes to our winning line up, but that won't hapen.

We have Manly at Brookvale next week, then Cowboys at WIN and I hope our squad aren't looking at next two weeks right now.

Tigers have Cowboys in Townsville next week, then Eels away so they'll be pumped for this one against us at Campbelltown.

Real dangerous for us, but we'll win, comfortably right?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Im pretty sure Brooks is out for them.....not that thats a vital loss but it will disrupt their organising and in paticular their kicks in general p,ay

ALSGI

Bench
Im pretty sure Brooks is out for them.....not that thats a vital loss but it will disrupt their organising and in paticular their kicks in general p,ay
Yes Brooks out, and agree it is a disruption, but may work out well for them, he hasn't been going well at all (according to a sneak peek on their forum).

blacksafake

First Grade
Yes it is a danger game. I think history says the second game after a coach is sacked is more successful than the first. Their backs on their day if the passes stick are difficult to contain especially with their speed. As for Brooks being out Moses plays better when he is out.
Having said all that our forwards should just be too good especially against a powderpuff in woods.

Belta

Juniors
Yep I think the forwards are getting better each week, all the forwards are charging into the defenders at speed, each complementing one another, almost as if they are gaining momentum from one another, especially Vaughan, although our back row aren't far behind, hopefully we see a repeat of this on Sunday, if we do we should put ourselves in a good position to take another two points..Go the dragons

BrissyRedV

Bench
With the pack performing like they are, we should have a massive advantage in the middle 1/3rd of the field. Ball control will be key with the occasional offload. Of concern will be Moses and Tedesco attacking the right hand defence and Nofoluma as well.

Smack

Coach
I can't wait until Dugan outplays and exposes tedeshit so all his fans here can have a cry.

Brooks is shit btw, he can't tackle or defend. We are at a disadvantage with him out.

possm

Coach
I can't wait until Dugan outplays and exposes tedeshit so all his fans here can have a cry.

Brooks is shit btw, he can't tackle or defend. We are at a disadvantage with him out.
If our forward pack can continue with their great form, Dugan and Widdop will have a great time. Tedesco is at a disadvantage mainly due to the off-field turmoil and the pack he has to play behind.

I'm expecting an announcement next week on both Tedesco and Dugan. Hopefully we can land both players.

Belta

Juniors
Wow, that would be something, retain Dugan, add Hunt and Tedesco...the Dragons fire would be SMOKING HOT

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL Preview: Round 5 v Wests Tigers
Wed 29th March, 01:00PM
A A

Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons
ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park
Sunday, 4pm

The St George Dragons remain in the top four following their big 26-12 victory over the New Zealand Warriors last Sunday afternoon at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah.

Inspired efforts from skipper Widdop – who was involved in a car accident mere hours prior to the game – and front-rower Paul Vaughan helped the Dragons win back-to-back games for the first time in 2017.

The Wests Tigers will prove intriguing opponents considering new coach Andrew Webster will have a full week of preparation at his disposal following their indifferent loss to the Storm.

While Webster may not see out the week if coaching rumours prove true at the Tigers, he will have to make do without halfback Luke Brooks who has succumbed to a hamstring complaint.

The Tigers will be boosted by the returns of Matt Ballin and Jamal Idris however, with the Dragons remaining unchanged once again.

Teams –

Wests Tigers: 1. James Tedesco, 2. David Nofoaluma, 3. Jamal Idris, 4. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Moses Suli, 6. Mitch Moses, 7. Jack Littlejohn, 8. Aaron Woods (c), 9. Matt McIlwrick, 10. Ava Seumanufagai, 11. Josh Aloiai, 12. Chris Lawrence, 13. Elijah Taylor. Interchange: 14. Tim Grant, 15. Sauaso Sue, 16. Michael Chee-Kam, 17. Matt Ballin, 18. Kyle Lovett, 19. Justin Hunt, 20. Joel Edwards, 21. Junior Tatola.

Dragons: 1. Josh Dugan, 2. Nene Macdonald, 3. Euan Aitken, 4. Tim Lafai, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Josh McCrone, 8. Russell Packer, 9. Cameron McInnes, 10. Paul Vaughan, 11. Tyson Frizell, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Jack de Belin. Interchange: 14. Tariq Sims, 15. Leeson Ah Mau, 16. Jacob Host, 17. Kurt Mann, 18. Jai Field, 19. Taane Milne, 20. Luciano Leilua, 21. Hame Sele.

Key Match-Up: Mitch Moses v Gareth Widdop – Widdop has the wood over Moses in the livewire stakes so far in 2017. In terms of tackle breaks and line breaks, Widdop has been more influential than his Tigers counterpart. However a big reason for this may lay in the fact that Moses is the Tigers' kicker whereas Josh McCrone does the heavy lifting at the Red V. With Jack Littlejohn named, it may allow Moses further freedom around the paddock.

The History: Played 32; Dragons 17, Wests Tigers 15. The Dragons and Wests Tigers have been waging an equal war in recent years. In their last 10 games – since 2011 – the Dragons and Tigers have won five times each. The Wests Tigers will head into Sunday with the winning form having beaten the Dragons 25-12 the last time they played in Round 20, 2016.

Match Officials: Referee: Henry Perenara. Assistant Referee: Matt Noyen. Sideline Officials: Rohan Best and Phil Henderson.

Televised: Channel Nine – Live coverage from 3:30pm; Fox League – Live coverage from 3:30pm.

Radio: ABC and Triple M

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/03/29/nrl_preview_round_5_.af_news.html

ALSGI

Bench
Moses, Teddy and Brooks (out this game) destroyed us last year. Idris is new and returning from injury.

Should be a good game.

My heart says Dragons by 20, more if at Kogarah/Wollongong.

My head says this coach Webster has nothing to lose, everything to gain. Same with the Tigers players I reckon, running last, at home, they won't be playing safe that's for sure. Dangerous game for us indeed.

Crush

Coach
If our forward pack can continue with their great form, Dugan and Widdop will have a great time. Tedesco is at a disadvantage mainly due to the off-field turmoil and the pack he has to play behind.

I'm expecting an announcement next week on both Tedesco and Dugan. Hopefully we can land both players.
You know that is not going to happen right? Re-sign Dugan and sign Tedesco? Be lucky to get either of them

MilanDragon

Juniors
In many ways this will be our toughest (mental) game so far. We have been playing well and are top 4, so complacency can come in against a side playing poorly.

Though the tigers were up 14-0 against the storm and only lost by 8. They have a coach who had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Players who will come out fired up with a point to prove. And as someone mentioned already week 2 after a coach getting sacked is normally better than week 1.

My head says we should win by plenty but my gut has a feeling it could get really tight.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Tigers v Dragons, Sunday 2 April, ANZ Stadium

For Gold, Silver and Bronze Members for tickets in Level 4 East use the code: 17AWAYWTRES

For General Admission Members for tickets in Level 1 Aisles 101-103 use the code: 17AWAYWTGA

For anyone who wants to go on sunday discount code

Crush

Coach
In many ways this will be our toughest (mental) game so far. We have been playing well and are top 4, so complacency can come in against a side playing poorly.

Though the tigers were up 14-0 against the storm and only lost by 8. They have a coach who had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Players who will come out fired up with a point to prove. And as someone mentioned already week 2 after a coach getting sacked is normally better than week 1.

My head says we should win by plenty but my gut has a feeling it could get really tight.
Its kinda weird to be saying we are top 4 after only 4 rounds. I don't think that you can start quoting position on the ladder until 10 rounds have passed.
Also, not so sure that we have been playing all that well. Against Penrith yes, parra no, sharks not really and warriors average.
We have won 3 games yes but our oppositions on those 3 occasions have been terrible.
We need to be better before I get too excited about 2017.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
NRL Preview: Round 5 v Wests Tigers
Wed 29th March, 01:00PM
A A

Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons
ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park
Sunday, 4pm

The St George Dragons remain in the top four following their big 26-12 victory over the New Zealand Warriors last Sunday afternoon at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah.

Inspired efforts from skipper Widdop – who was involved in a car accident mere hours prior to the game – and front-rower Paul Vaughan helped the Dragons win back-to-back games for the first time in 2017.

The Wests Tigers will prove intriguing opponents considering new coach Andrew Webster will have a full week of preparation at his disposal following their indifferent loss to the Storm.

While Webster may not see out the week if coaching rumours prove true at the Tigers, he will have to make do without halfback Luke Brooks who has succumbed to a hamstring complaint.

The Tigers will be boosted by the returns of Matt Ballin and Jamal Idris however, with the Dragons remaining unchanged once again.

Teams –

Wests Tigers: 1. James Tedesco, 2. David Nofoaluma, 3. Jamal Idris, 4. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Moses Suli, 6. Mitch Moses, 7. Jack Littlejohn, 8. Aaron Woods (c), 9. Matt McIlwrick, 10. Ava Seumanufagai, 11. Josh Aloiai, 12. Chris Lawrence, 13. Elijah Taylor. Interchange: 14. Tim Grant, 15. Sauaso Sue, 16. Michael Chee-Kam, 17. Matt Ballin, 18. Kyle Lovett, 19. Justin Hunt, 20. Joel Edwards, 21. Junior Tatola.

Dragons: 1. Josh Dugan, 2. Nene Macdonald, 3. Euan Aitken, 4. Tim Lafai, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Josh McCrone, 8. Russell Packer, 9. Cameron McInnes, 10. Paul Vaughan, 11. Tyson Frizell, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Jack de Belin. Interchange: 14. Tariq Sims, 15. Leeson Ah Mau, 16. Jacob Host, 17. Kurt Mann, 18. Jai Field, 19. Taane Milne, 20. Luciano Leilua, 21. Hame Sele.

Key Match-Up: Mitch Moses v Gareth Widdop – Widdop has the wood over Moses in the livewire stakes so far in 2017. In terms of tackle breaks and line breaks, Widdop has been more influential than his Tigers counterpart. However a big reason for this may lay in the fact that Moses is the Tigers' kicker whereas Josh McCrone does the heavy lifting at the Red V. With Jack Littlejohn named, it may allow Moses further freedom around the paddock.

The History: Played 32; Dragons 17, Wests Tigers 15. The Dragons and Wests Tigers have been waging an equal war in recent years. In their last 10 games – since 2011 – the Dragons and Tigers have won five times each. The Wests Tigers will head into Sunday with the winning form having beaten the Dragons 25-12 the last time they played in Round 20, 2016.

Match Officials: Referee: Henry Perenara. Assistant Referee: Matt Noyen. Sideline Officials: Rohan Best and Phil Henderson.

Televised: Channel Nine – Live coverage from 3:30pm; Fox League – Live coverage from 3:30pm.

Radio: ABC and Triple M

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/03/29/nrl_preview_round_5_.af_news.html

Rest easy folks, just noticed that Henry Perenara (ex Dragons player ) is refereeing this game.
Another two points on the board.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Its kinda weird to be saying we are top 4 after only 4 rounds. I don't think that you can start quoting position on the ladder until 10 rounds have passed.
Also, not so sure that we have been playing all that well. Against Penrith yes, parra no, sharks not really and warriors average.
We have won 3 games yes but our oppositions on those 3 occasions have been terrible.
We need to be better before I get too excited about 2017.
saints will be playing September footy and you know it. next year top 4 with a quality halfback