What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Warriors round 4

Belta

Juniors
ALSIG said; "Belta don't ruin it for me mate. Haven't been this happy for a long time. Kick me next week when Im down again"

Ok I'm with you, I wont need to kick you because we are both will both be singing the dragons victory song on Sunday night when the dragons get the two points in a resounding fashion, completely dominating the Warriors.

ALSGI

Bench
ALSIG said; "Belta don't ruin it for me mate. Haven't been this happy for a long time. Kick me next week when Im down again"

Ok I'm with you, I wont need to kick you because we are both will both be singing the dragons victory song on Sunday night when the dragons get the two points in a resounding fashion, completely dominating the Warriors.

Lol, now your singing !

Belta

Juniors
ALSIG said; Lol, now your singing !

Yep I'll be in my undies pretending to be JDB belting out the victory song, just putting the tunes in my phone now in readiness

ALSGI

Bench
ALSIG said; Lol, now your singing !

Yep I'll be in my undies pretending to be JDB belting out the victory song, just putting the tunes in my phone now in readiness
Lol, same here in my undies belting out the famous song, from my hotel room in Hobart. I'll look a lot more like Packer with hair though. Might get arrested ? Missus wont be bailing me out. Anyone know any lawyers down there?

Belta

Juniors
I certainly won't be leaving the house, definitely be arrested or possibly scheduled or both

Gareth67

First Grade
There's a big Danger sign flashing for the Dragons this week , RTS and Foran both returning , they are sure to make an impact and as others have said , they will most certainly lift their team mates .

For the Dragons to win this , they must show the same commitment as last week , and the forwards continue on with that full steam ahead approach .
The backs need to begin to,' gel ' forming combinations and creativity of their own , for their try scoring opportunities . The forwards can only do so much , so the backs need to step up to the mark and take some of the pressure of the big boys .

As this will be our last home game for a while , the team will hopefully put their best foot forward and not take the Warriors too lightly . Johnson will make the most of any sloppy play by our mob and could make the Dragons pay dearly .

Dragons in a close one - by 4 .

Last edited:

Capital

Juniors
I hate it when they tip us. On the bright side, the referees for the most tend to side with the favourites in most fixtures.
First game I picked Penrith. I think 99% of tipsters who are taking tipping seriously did. Second game I tipped us because after giving Penrith such a shellacking it seemed like a no-brainer. Based on that game I tipped Cronulla last week. This week I tried something different. I think the Dragons will win so I tipped the Warriors.

ALSGI

Bench
First game I picked Penrith. I think 99% of tipsters who are taking tipping seriously did. Second game I tipped us because after giving Penrith such a shellacking it seemed like a no-brainer. Based on that game I tipped Cronulla last week. This week I tried something different. I think the Dragons will win so I tipped the Warriors.
Excellent good call Capital, stick with it mate, you have a winning formula there.
Taking one for the team.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I tip against us every week, I don't select any Dragons players in my NRL fantasy teams either. I also refuse to bet on our games. I don't want to jinx us in any way at all possible.

Capital

Juniors
I tip against us every week, I don't select any Dragons players in my NRL fantasy teams either. I also refuse to bet on our games. I don't want to jinx us in any way at all possible.
Well you are going better than me. I have messed it up 3 weeks in row. At least you have 1 from 3. And LOL if anyone says we are superstitious fools, they are probably right.

OurRedV

Juniors

I did exactly the same thing.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons looking to out-muscle Warriors

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

24 Mar 2017, 3 p.m.

ST GEORGE Illawarra have long had the wood on the Warriors, but they’ll have a new ace up their sleeve on Sunday with the Dragons big men set to outweigh their rivals by almost 25kgs.

r0_0_3799_2533_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TOUGH STUFF: Paul Vaughan was one of five Dragons forwards who ran for more than 100 metres against Cronulla last week. Picture: Getty Images

The Dragons have a commanding record against the Warriors, having won 19 of 24 clashes against the men from across the ditch, but such an advantage in pure muscle has been a rarity.

Albert Vete is the biggest Warrior, listed at 110kgs, with the rest of the pack under the 110 mark. In comparison, Russell Packer tips the scales at 121kgs with both Leeson Ah Mau (112kgs) and Paul Vaughan also 110 kilos or above.

The added bulk has allowed the Dragons to play a power game against league heavyweights Penrith and Cronulla, with five members of the forward pack logging more than 100 metres against the Sharks.

Vaughan contributed 176 metres and said his fellow bookends are certainly warming to the new style of play.

“We have have got a great forward pack with the likes of Russell [Packer] and Leeson [Ah Mau], Friz [Tyson Frizell] and Debs [Jack de Belin] and all those guys,” Vaugan said.

“It’s one of the biggest things we’re trying to build our game around is that power game so hopefully it keeps working for us and the backs can play off the back of that and find a little bit of space.

“The week before against the Eeels we just weren’t completing and this week we held onto the ball. I don’t think any middle forward made an error in the whole game.

“When you give yourself that kind of possession and that kind of quality ball you’re going to get a good number of carries in so it was good that the boys were punching through the middle. It was good to get the win and it’s good platform for us to build on.

“It’s one of the biggest things the Warriors are renowned for, the aggression in their forward pack, so it’s obviously going to be a tough game in the middle this week.”

Deemed surplus to requirements by the Raiders last season, Vaughan admits he’s come into his first season with a new club with a point to prove.

“Yeah definitely. I just want to continue ripping in for the Saints because they’ve given me a great opportunity to come here and I just want to repay that faith,” he said.

“I thought I started well, the second game against the Eels I wasn’t really happy with but two games out of three isn’t too bad.

“I just want to contribute each week and build a consistent game. That’s all I’m really after. I’ll just try and build on that game last week and try and find some consistency.”

Returning Warriors half Kieran Foran will no doubt come in for some attention from the Dragons pack, with coach Paul McGregor certain the former Kiwi Test captain will play on Sunday.

“He’ll definitely play,” McGregor said.

“He’s a very good footballer. He’s been out of the game a little while but he’s played a lot of footy so they’ll definitely be welcoming his presence back in their footy team.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4551501/heavyweight-dragons-muscling-up-in-middle/?cs=3713

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Lol, same here in my undies belting out the famous song, from my hotel room in Hobart. I'll look a lot more like Packer with hair though. Might get arrested ? Missus wont be bailing me out. Anyone know any lawyers down there?

When we win I would like to do that as well but I would never be aloud back at Kogarah and I can't have that

possm

Coach
A good coach would strengthen our chances by selecting the best 17 which does not include McCrone, Lafai or Nightingale. Maybe even substitute Host with Leilua. I would like to see Havili on the bench as well.

hewi

Bench
A good coach would strengthen our chances by selecting the best 17 which does not include McCrone, Lafai or Nightingale. Maybe even substitute Host with Leilua. I would like to see Havili on the bench as well.
Couldn't agree more however IMO until we suffer at least two loses or injuries we will not see changes made and even then it's likely to be one at a time. Bit like pulling teeth.

possm

Coach
Couldn't agree more however IMO until we suffer at least two loses or injuries we will not see changes made and even then it's likely to be one at a time. Bit like pulling teeth.
I'm sure you're correct however, wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to lose two games before changes are made?

Latest posts