What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Broncos to open 2018 NRL season

Simon

Juniors
It had to do with the agreement with Foxtel to give up Monday night games. Fox see it as an opportunity to expand its pub sales as it's a time where many people go for a beer after the week.

Fox also saw it as an opportunity to take audience away from 9 in the second Friday game. Who's going to change the channel if you're already on a station where the next game is showing.

The clubs didn't want Mondays and this was the compromise that Fox and the NRL agreed upon.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A tradie like myself.
Start at 6:30 - 7am on-site and finish at 2:30 - 3pm.
Well here's hoping you'll be at the the game OKB,. Looks like Kogarah has been sold a lemon again with this, a Thursday night fixture against an out-of-town team, but schitt happens. Like you, I'll knock off at 3:00 PM, so I'll make the trip.

Early days, but I think we'll win this one.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Joe O
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Bird

14. Thaiday
15. Pangai
16. Sims
17. Payne Haas

---------------------------------------

1. Dufty
2. Nene
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Mann
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Friz
13. JDB

14. Sims
15. Leeson
16. Leilua / Host
17. Field / Lomax

Crush

Coach
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Joe O
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Bird

14. Thaiday
15. Pangai
16. Sims
17. Payne Haas

---------------------------------------

1. Dufty
2. Nene
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Mann
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Friz
13. JDB

14. Sims
15. Leeson
16. Leilua / Host
17. Field / Lomax
Nightingale injured?

JDHD

Juniors
Its not meant to attract anybody to the game. NRL don't care about crowds. I would say the betting agencies probably paid the NRL to move a game to 6pm Friday because that's the time slot which attracts the most cashed up tradies to the pub and when they are boozing on a Friday arvo they are likely to punt more money.
I'm not joking, I think that is why there is a 6pm Friday game, for gambling agencies to make more coin.

It's for TV and radio audiences. People are either a) at home with a beer watching the footy or b) they're on the road heading home from work or c) heading off for the weekend

_Johnsy

Referee
Most players leaving their club, especially to relocate interstate, would have mixed emotions and appear a bit apprehensive.

Once he is here and mixes with our guys, he will be sweet.

And the white beaches of Wollongong would have to beat hot old Brisbane!
Brisbane's "beach"
nudgee-beach.jpg

DSC02164.JPG

Latest posts