What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drama over the next James Bond

saint.nick

Coach
I'm getting sick and tired of some people saying that the next Bond should be Idris Elba - or even a woman :crazy: Why?! To appease the PC nutjobs?! What would be the actual purpose? I don't care how well Idris Elba can act, he is not James Bond. James Bond is a Caucasian British male with Scottish/Swiss ethnicity, who grew up in a noble manor in Scotland. "As long as Elba can tell the story through his good acting, it's fine". No, it's not. How the hell can a black actor tell the story of a white character who grew up with a wealthy white family in a Scottish mansion? These nutjobs act as though Elba is even the only worthy candidate for the gig out there...are they saying that there's no good handsome white actors around? What next? A white guy should play Black Panther?

Parra Pride

Coach
I want to say the suggestion of a female Bond is completely geniused, but I fear I will be called out for being sexist.

saint.nick

Coach
These folk act like the progression of racial and gender equality hinges on the casting of James Bond...

Last edited by a moderator:

GW.

Juniors
lol imagine a black james bond.

"yeah yeah im'a here where yo asses at' *sidecocks gun*

nöyd

Staff member
I thought I'd already heard that Tom Hiddleston was announced as the new Bond.

DiegoNT

First Grade
lol imagine a black james bond.

"yeah yeah im'a here where yo asses at' *sidecocks gun*

Idris Elba has more sophistication, charisma, sex appeal in his little finger then you could ever have in your whole lifetime. You could only dream of being 1% as suave and smooth as he is.
I'd prefer a white bond, but if anyone could pull of being the first black bind then it is idris elba

DiegoNT

First Grade
Wasn't ian flemmimg initially Dissapointed in the casting of Sean Connery because he wasn't how he imagined Bond, and it was only after Connery had been a success as bond that flemmimg gave bond a partial Scottish heritage?
He was a composite character of people who flemming served with during the war and was meant to be the quintessential British gentleman? Idris Elba is almost the quintessential British Gentleman now days

GW.

Juniors
Idris Elba has more sophistication, charisma, sex appeal in his little finger then you could ever have in your whole lifetime. You could only dream of being 1% as suave and smooth as he is.
I'd prefer a white bond, but if anyone could pull of being the first black bind then it is idris elba

Bit uncalled for,
I will be the bigger man and walk away.

Btw I like Idris Elba, and i think he would be great in a kind of Ghetto Bond type role, just not the actual Bond.

To use The Wire (his old show) as an example, he would make a good anti-hero stickup guy if they make the character Omar into a spin off.

Generalzod

Immortal
Theo_James_March_18_2014.jpg

http://www.movienewsguide.com/theo-...mes-bond-actor-star-next-emilia-clarke/221217

saint.nick

Coach
Wasn't ian flemmimg initially Dissapointed in the casting of Sean Connery because he wasn't how he imagined Bond, and it was only after Connery had been a success as bond that flemmimg gave bond a partial Scottish heritage?
He was a composite character of people who flemming served with during the war and was meant to be the quintessential British gentleman? Idris Elba is almost the quintessential British Gentleman now days

His initial disappointment with Connery wasn't down to looks though, it was just a negative perception of acting quality and Sean's working class background, which he eventually felt proved wrong by. What Connery's Bond did was add a bit of suave sense of humour to the character, which Fleming liked, and Fleming added it into his later novels. He didn't write anything about his ancestral or family background until after the Dr. No movie, Connery essentially helped make up Fleming's mind about Bond's background.

Idris Elba may be a quintessential British gentleman, but having a black Bond is not going to make Bond's whole background story believable. He's a white British character, there's plenty of other actors out there equally as capable as Elba who fit Bond's racial profile.

bileduct

Coach
Didn't all this shit (female Bond) start simply because Gillian Anderson retweeted a fanmade Bond poster with her as the character? I don't think it has ever been seriously suggested that she's being considered for the role.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Didn't all this shit (female Bond) start simply because Gillian Anderson retweeted a fanmade Bond poster with her as the character? I don't think it has ever been seriously suggested that she's being considered for the role.

I just hate that there's a brigade of morons who believe that it's a good idea.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If you take the fan theoru that "James Bond 007" is a codename, and not an actual name, then there's really no reason why Elba would be a bad choice tbh.

He's certainly a good enough actor.

I have more of an issue with Hiddleston playing him than Elba, tbh- I'm not sure Hiddleston has enough charisma.

GW.

Juniors
If you take the fan theoru that "James Bond 007" is a codename, and not an actual name, then there's really no reason why Elba would be a bad choice tbh.

He's certainly a good enough actor.

I have more of an issue with Hiddleston playing him than Elba, tbh- I'm not sure Hiddleston has enough charisma.

Oh please.

You think Elba going 'yi-yi-yeah' as he holds two guns in an arms-crosed Denzel training day fashion blasting AK's at street crims is a good idea?

Maybe, but NOT BOND.
Stop breaking tradition.