Dramas?

Discussion in 'French Rugby League' started by East Coast Tiger, Dec 31, 2015.

1. langpark

langpark First Grade

There seem to be deep divisions within French Rugby League and sadly, I don't see them moving forward any time soon.

2. Sinman

Sinman Juniors

If a TV company was willing to take a risk.. and then the competition took off!! It could really be worth the investment.. don't see it happening but one can hope!!

3. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

The risk v reward for a TV company isn't that big. An investment as little as 16m Euros per year would see a TV company create an 8 team pro comp in France which they could own and commercialize (potentially could be less).

For a beIN that is next to nothing. To me, the question is, who is selling this? Is anyone actually even trying to? Or has anyone tried?

4. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion Bench

5. The Daddy3

The Daddy3 Juniors

The following clubs regions should be the foundation of any proposed pro league, all of them are the areas where RL is strongest in France;

Catalan Dragons
    Toulouse Olympique
    Avignon Bisons
    Aude Cathars
    Aquitaine Leopards
    Albi/Tarn Tigers

Then you can add 2-4 from the following clubs.

Lyon-Villerbaune XIII
    Montpellier Red Devils
    Paris
    Lens

It's possible but it depends on how much money will be thrown at it by any tv station and also local councils.

6. langpark

langpark First Grade

I know a lot of you proposing a Pro-League have good intentions, but let's get realistic, it is not something that can happen overnight. You need a strong junior base (so if you start working on it now, you may have a chance in about 12 years from now), also, let's say each team needs at an absolute minimum 25 players. 8 x 25, you're looking at approx. 200 players. You cannot pluck them out of thin air unless you start raiding the ranks of lower leagues in the UK and Aus, and that is not a solid foundation to be building upon.

7. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

Where has virtually all the growth in the game been in France in the past decade? That's right, Perpignan. Now guess what the catalyst for that growth has been.

8. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

I get exactly what you're saying LP, and being honest if time was on everyone's side, getting the grassroots and development structures right would be a priority.

Reality is though, France needs something for young players to aspire to outside of just the Dragons. For me, if the financials can be found to go Pro the player development can come as a result.

France does at least have some structures in place plus arguably if such a league got up, there are some Union players the code could win over (or get back) to help fill the ranks.

Unfortunately I still don't see where the money is coming from which is a shame. League needs a third pro league. It will just change the dynamic of the international game so much if it could be achieved.

9. Sinman

Sinman Juniors

Any chance the RLIF could chip in to help get a 3rd Pro League going?

10. langpark

langpark First Grade

yeah you make some good points there no doubt. I'm not saying impossible, but I think if it happens gradually it's more realistic (and more sustainable long-term).

RLIF don't really have any money. Only person I can think of in our game right now that could ever hope to pull off something on such a grand scale would be Koukash.

11. East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger Coach

This guy is trying to become ffrxiii president and wants expansion of the national comp.

http://www.13unis.com

12. miguel de cervantes

miguel de cervantes First Grade

13. langpark

langpark First Grade

14. Tonin

Tonin Juniors

Yeah the referee said that that one of the coach punched him in the face after the game but we still don't know everything about it and the coach denies it.
    At half-time (interview), this coach seemed a bit frustrated about the referee...

15. miguel de cervantes

Joing the Marc Palanques bid team is Jacques Sopplesa, who has already run the FFRXIII in the past (with limited success I might add).

How is this for a CV?

16. Tonin

Tonin Juniors

Jacques Soppelsa is the one who gave back our real name (Rugby à XIII) after a trial against the union federation.
    He got a really strong CV.

17. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

Marc Palanque looks to be the victor.

18. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII Bench

Yes, he has become the 15th President of the FFR13.

[​IMG]

19. langpark

langpark First Grade

wtf!? is that 53 candidates? and the incumbent came in in 31st place? really?

20. miguel de cervantes

no they are not all candidates for the presidency. there were two teams in the race, one headed by zalduendo and the other palanques.

to be honest, I'm not sure how the votes are counted and distributed to end up with that table, but the top 24 on the list ALL belong to planaques' team.