What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Team 2014

Tiger05

First Grade
1 Teddy
2 Nofouluma
3 Simona
4 Lawrence
5 Richards
6 Austin/Siro
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Farah
10 Galloway
11 Fulton
12 Blair
13 Sue

14 Paterson
15 BMM
16 Siro/Austin
17 Ava/Taupau

18. Halatau
19. Ava/Taupau
20. Gavet
21. Koro

That is a good team.

BrotherJim05

Bench
1 Teddy
2 Nofouluma
3 Simona
4 Lawrence
5 Richards
6 Austin/Siro
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Farah
10 Galloway
11 Fulton
12 Blair
13 Sue

14 Paterson
15 BMM
16 Siro/Austin
17 Ava/Taupau

18. Halatau
19. Ava/Taupau
20. Gavet
21. Koro

Yeah I like your choices in this team. However it would require Blair to get back into his Melbourne Back-Row form or we would have to shuffle him back into Front Row rotation. I would have Halatau in starting 17 personally

b.bear

Juniors
Fair enough with the injury but we need someone stronger in the position.
He looks like a pimply teenager playing amongst men. He is small.
I haven't seen any real pace or strength to break the line or fend players, he just curls up and then gets to his feet slowly.
All the top teams have have the gun fullback. It's safe to say he is in the bottom 3 of the fullbacks in the NRL.

every time he is tackled................

he might have potential but so did you know who

Another post said he is carrying a broken bone in his leg or foot or something , but come'on every time he's tackled??

nofo or simona for fullback these 2 are very good under the high ball and are as tough as teak. I dont want to see history repeat when it comes to the fullback position.

Maybe the kid needs to toughen up in the lower grades .

BrotherJim05

Bench
I still think we are asking too much of Tedesco. Give him a full off season running around with the FG team and we will see huge improvement. If not, then shuffle Richards to Fullback and bring Koro back on the wing.

I'm very curious to see what would happen if we kept Anasta and Moltzen. My thoughts are that Moltzen is going nowhere and is just going to slow his recovery for as long as he can.

Why rush into a new deal when he can just cruise through rehab next year on the big money he is probably on

boonboon

Juniors
Teddy
Richards
Lawrence
Simona
Nofoaluma
Fulton
Brooks
Blair
Sironen
Patterson
Woods
Farah
Galloway

Sue
Taupau
Seumanufagai
Ben MM

Fulton has been kicking and ball playing more and more, I think he will play five eight means a bigger back row and stronger defence

BrotherJim05

Bench
Teddy
Richards
Lawrence
Simona
Nofoaluma
Fulton
Brooks
Blair
Sironen
Patterson
Woods
Farah
Galloway

Sue
Taupau
Seumanufagai
Ben MM

Fulton has been kicking and ball playing more and more, I think he will play five eight means a bigger back row and stronger defence

You can't seriously be wanting to put Farah in the back row and Sironen at hooker?

Ghipo

Juniors
Fair enough with the injury but we need someone stronger in the position.
He looks like a pimply teenager playing amongst men. He is small.
I haven't seen any real pace or strength to break the line or fend players, he just curls up and then gets to his feet slowly.
All the top teams have have the gun fullback. It's safe to say he is in the bottom 3 of the fullbacks in the NRL.

Tedesco might be in the bottom 3 fullbacks in the NRL but his definitely the best 20 year old fullback and can only improve as he gets older.
At 30 years of age is Slater going to get better in a couple of years ? I don't think so. Is Tedesco...most certainly. Lets see what Tedesco is doing in a couple of years when he reaches Moylan and Mullaney's age, with 3 years NRL experience under his belt.
I can see the things Mick has improved in his game and his learning every week Tedesco is doing his apprenticeship as are the other youngsters.
Then there is the return from ACL this year plus now a broken bones in his leg...I think his done very well.

As Mick Potter said they will all be better next year with the experience.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Ahh what and you thought I had woods and Galloway in the back row with farah. Think first then post

Maybe you should think before you post.

Teams are listed 1-13, with 14-17 as bench so that we know what position we are suggesting a player should have.

My first thoughts were that you just wrote a list without considering positions but seeing as you listed a bench, I thought you might just be stupid enough to consider Farah in the back row.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I suppose supporters always want more out of their team. It appears Chris Lawrence has been playing injured which explains his lack of pace and odd running style. Now I know this it makes sense and based on his age and injuries I am prepared to say he can come back to his old form.

With Tedesco it seems he also has some physical injuries including broken bones in his leg (added to the mental state getting over a severe knee injury) and I suppose this somewhat explains his situation and form (which overall hasn't been too bad).

I admire his ability to take bombs and I don't question his ticker when returning the ball. The only thing I'd like to see him do more is to know when to and actually chime into the backline (what a beautiful old term that is). In attack he tends not to dog some of the forwards, there have been a few occasions forwards have been screaming out for support (probably the one skill Moltzen did possess).

Given time he will no doubt gain these skills and he is only 20 so 2014 will be a huge year for him....

magpie_man

Juniors
Maybe you should think before you post.

Teams are listed 1-13, with 14-17 as bench so that we know what position we are suggesting a player should have.

My first thoughts were that you just wrote a list without considering positions but seeing as you listed a bench, I thought you might just be stupid enough to consider Farah in the back row.

calm the farm mate, he's just listed his team the old-school way; if you look at any team list pre-90s they were all done that way.

Has anyone noticed what contracted player has not made the 13, 17 or what numbered squad we experts have named?

:whistle

First name: starts with T

Last name: starts with M

What options do we have to cover the centre position if Lawrence doesn't return to his old self?Lulia and Simona,Richards ?We need him back to his best or other options will have to be used.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Has anyone noticed what contracted player has not made the 13, 17 or what numbered squad we experts have named?

:whistle

First name: starts with T

Last name: starts with M

Taqele naiyaravaro has been kicked to the kerb it seems.

He can hopefully score himself a bench position next season.

It would be good to see him thrown in before years end this year (injury considered)

My mate watched NSW Cup last week at Leichhardt and said Lote was terrible yet he gets a call up to FG this week ahead of Taqele.Todays paper quotes Lote as saying he hasn't thought or factored in about playing next season,seriously we seem to attract players who are in full denial of their current ability and form.

magpie guy

Juniors
Taqele naiyaravaro has been kicked to the kerb it seems.

He can hopefully score himself a bench position next season.

It would be good to see him thrown in before years end this year (injury considered)

Completely forgot about him myself. Would be good to see him get a go next year, though there is a huge log-jam in the backs, and given his size, I would like to see how he goes as a wide running second rower.

The reason (injury aside) that Lote is playing and Taqele is not is that we have second tier cap issues, simple as that. We just do not have any free dosh this season due to the staggering number of injuries that the side has had.

Latest posts